PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rick Hart statement re: Chad Morris, football coach position

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rick Hart statement re: Chad Morris, football coach posi

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 pm

But, but, but the sky is falling
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:44 pm

ericdickerson4life wrote:A lot of people wanting to spend other people’s money.

Exactly. I'd be interested in seeing a list of donors who pledged funds specifically towards the facility and compare it to the posters on ponyfans clamoring for an IPF. Something tells me there would be very little overlap between the two lists.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby jimhagle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Seriously how many schools have a 100 yd. IPF anyway?
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

There is so much stupid on this thread re: IPF. It is well worth $10/month to avoid reading this idiocy.

Barr Pool site is where the IPF will be. After BoT approval you should see dirt flying in February. It will fit in with the overall campus aesthetic. When has SMU ever just "thrown up a tent" on anything. Good grief.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
ericdickerson4life wrote:A lot of people wanting to spend other people’s money.

Exactly. I'd be interested in seeing a list of donors who pledged funds specifically towards the facility and compare it to the posters on ponyfans clamoring for an IPF. Something tells me there would be very little overlap between the two lists.

Everyone on this board is a millionaire.
And I doubt that they give less than 10,000 to the program a year
One Trick Pony

Postby skyscraper » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Nice looking buildings is one thing SMU ALWAYS does right.
skyscraper

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Why not put it where the tennis center is? We haven't torn down one of those in a while.
Bergermeister

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Just please name a new HC soon so we can stop the madness here on Ponyfans...at least before Biggin returns!
Charleston Pony

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Swim coaches this morning sent out an email congratulating all the donors for the new swim center noting that $250,000 remains to pay off the entire complex. Further, that no fund raising will commence for the new out door 50 meter pool that is slated to be at the new location. The current indoor complex must be paid of first. Interesting was a note that they ( coaches ) have been informed that the old Barr pool will not be available to them very shortly as it will be torn down in the very near future and immediately replaced with a new building which was not specifically identified. It now appears very clear that the IPF has been planned and is ready to go. It now appears that the IPF has always been clearly on the agenda despite complaints of delay; however, it was necessary for the completion of the new swim complex before the IPF could be initiated.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Yay mini-IPF!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Yay mini-IPF!

I agree with you that the area of the old natatorium and the Barr pool is really a limited and poor location for an IPF; however, that area has been long rumored for an 80 yard field IPF. I think any large structure at that location would destroy the beauty of the campus and really make things too crowded not to mention destroying the tailgates. The only area I can think of that is realistic is to locate a full IPF is where the strip mall/book store is located along Mockingbird. My understanding is that land is owned by SMU.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:44 pm

PoconoPony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Yay mini-IPF!

I agree with you that the area of the old natatorium and the Barr pool is really a limited and poor location for an IPF; however, that area has been long rumored for an 80 yard field IPF. I think any large structure at that location would destroy the beauty of the campus and really make things too crowded not to mention destroying the tailgates. The only area I can think of that is realistic is to locate a full IPF is where the strip mall/book store is located along Mockingbird. My understanding is that land is owned by SMU.

I agree as well with the location being a terrible place to put an IPF at least in terms of campus beauty. Now, of all places and as someone said on here, SMU does a really good job with building and making them look good on Campus. How they will do that there is beyond me. The original locations shown from the rendering would have been a knock out because it would get rid of the ugly soccer "stadium" and put in something brand new. In turn, soccer would have gotten a nicer looking stadium I believe by mockingbird and abbott.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:59 pm

this board...

80 yard IPF is PERFECTLY FINE and will be a stellar facility for our program. Everything we've been in the last 20 years fits perfectly into the overall SMU aesthetic. This has been the planned site for a year.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Just for a Texans perspective:

TCU IPF is 80,000 sqft. It's listed as 80 yards long.

Texas "bubble is 70,000 sqft
A&M barn is 75,000 sqft

SMU having a 80 yard field is on par with the others in Texas build a decade ago. Is it above and beyond, no. Houston has theirs in process which is 80,000 sqft but cited to have 120 yards. It also comes at a price tag of $20M and the renderings look like poooo.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:this board...

80 yard IPF is PERFECTLY FINE and will be a stellar facility for our program. Everything we've been in the last 20 years fits perfectly into the overall SMU aesthetic. This has been the planned site for a year.

Well then I say shame on whoever released the renderings of the not-happening IPF. When you over-promise and under-deliver, you will always get this kind of response. They should have just announced, the IPF is going to happen in 2017-2018 be on the lookout. Not, it's going to be happen soon and here's what it's going to look like. If they were selling that to someone, I believe it would be called false advertising.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football