PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad meets the Hogs!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Chad meets the Hogs!

Postby gostangs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 am

Dissing chad makes us look small. We won in that deal also so let’s just shake hands and turn the page.

We got our new guy. What can we do to help him? cause bitchin about chad ain’t helping anything.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:25 am

I would not be surspused if Chad pulls a Willy Taggert/Todd Graham and bails after 1-2 seasons for a better job. Did coaches consistently leave their jobs after a year or two pre 2000s? I feel like it’s ruining CFB.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 am

If Chad is successful at Arkansas, there is NO way he bails on that school! People outside of Arkansas just don't understand the love of Razorback football in the state. This state is extremely loyal to the team and a winning coach. He will not find a more welcoming, loyal, supportive state and school, IF he wins!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 am

Arkpony wrote:If Chad is successful at Arkansas, there is NO way he bails on that school! People outside of Arkansas just don't understand the love of Razorback football in the state. This state is extremely loyal to the team and a winning coach. He will not find a more welcoming, loyal, supportive state and school, IF he wins!

I recently went fly fishing up there the weekend Arky played Bama, and all sorts of random people brought up the game to us. Saw some really emotional locals at the bar when Bama was beating them. Could tell the whole state loves the football team.
Last edited by SMU21TCU10 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Chad meets the Hogs!

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 am

Where would he go that would be considered better? SEC West is the best route to a national championship. He is not going to get Alabama. Ole Miss and Miss St are not better. A&M is locked up for a while. LSU is humid and no Whataburger.

As Arkpony said, he will be in Arkansas for a while.

All that said, if Saban retires, David goes to Bama, I could see Chad back at Clemson.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 am

mrydel wrote:Where would he go that would be considered better? SEC West is the best route to a national championship. He is not going to get Alabama. Ole Miss and Miss St are not better. A&M is locked up for a while. LSU is humid and no Whataburger.

All that said, if Saban retires, David goes to Bama, I could see Chad back at Clemson.

Who knows what jobs open. Nobody expected FSU to open up this year. For all we know, Saban retires in 2 years, Bama hires former player Dabo, and Chad takes the Clemson job. Every year there are surprise openings.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Chad meets the Hogs!

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am

SMU21TCU10 wrote:
mrydel wrote:Where would he go that would be considered better? SEC West is the best route to a national championship. He is not going to get Alabama. Ole Miss and Miss St are not better. A&M is locked up for a while. LSU is humid and no Whataburger.

Who knows what jobs open. Nobody expected FSU to open up this year. For all we know, Saban retires in 2 years, Bama hires former player Dabo, and Chad takes the Clemson job. Every year there are surprise openings.

I believe that is exactly what I said. However the original premise was 1 year so Saban has to retire after the next season.
(Except autocorrect posted David instead of Dabo)
Last edited by mrydel on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am

mrydel wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:

I believe that is exactly what I said. However the original premise was 1 year so Saban has to retire after the next season.

You did say that. I don’t know how I missed your last sentence ha.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am

SMUer wrote:Too much Red Bull

no red bull in arky-they drink pink swine moonshine.
redpony

Previous

Return to Football