PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad meets the Hogs!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Chad meets the Hogs!

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm

footballdad wrote:Says he's gonna have the best DC in the country. Will he actually be able to announce Venables soon?

Would likely change all the Arky haters attitudes, quickly.

Malone...oh yeah, he got left in Dallas.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Sounds like Chad feels pretty good about getting Venables and that might have been part of his negotiations, i.e., a slight pay raise for Venables and may give him the DC/[deleted]'t HC title? I wonder if he would sabotage any interest Venables might show in the SMU HC position by trying to convince him the program can't get any better than what it is today?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Locked farts

I can't believe he is trying to bring that Aggie "Lock Arms" crap to Arkansas too. It almost looked like that was one of his bullet points on his little note card!

I would like to think they will be smart enough (can't believe I just said that) to see right through it and call him on it.

Chad got away with whatever he wanted here (social media, helicopters, video production, uniforms, slogans, etc.) but we will see how he handles not always being the top dog up there.

I know we have a lot of Aggie permeating our facilities but I still can't believe we ever let him put that stupid Aggie flag up for our games. If Rick wants to raise some quick money he could probably auction off the opportunity to burn the "Lock Arms" flag.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

with Venables already at 1.7 at Clemson before Arkansas tries to nab him and SMU paying Chad 2.1 you're getting close to the reality.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

makes you wonder if traylor is going with chad and vm is going to coach the team in the bowl game.
redpony

Postby soccermom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

My favorite part of his speech was when he said it was hard for him saying goodbye to his team....his former team.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Well at least he didn't hug them all before each game. It's hard to say goodbye after you've snuggled.

The first week Chad was at practice I drove up to the field and busted out a case of Redbull and told him I believed in him! The f***** owes me 40 bucks haha
One Trick Pony

Postby Nacho » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 pm

A spurned lovers retaliation is hard to accept.
Nacho

Postby footballdad » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Sounds like Chad feels pretty good about getting Venables and that might have been part of his negotiations, i.e., a slight pay raise for Venables and may give him the DC/[deleted]'t HC title? I wonder if he would sabotage any interest Venables might show in the SMU HC position by trying to convince him the program can't get any better than what it is today?

Venables would show ZERO interest in the SMU HC position. He's already at the head of the line when P5 jobs are mentioned.
Same with Sumlin.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Is he taking Malone with him? :twisted:
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm

footballdad wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Sounds like Chad feels pretty good about getting Venables and that might have been part of his negotiations, i.e., a slight pay raise for Venables and may give him the DC/[deleted]'t HC title? I wonder if he would sabotage any interest Venables might show in the SMU HC position by trying to convince him the program can't get any better than what it is today?

Venables would show ZERO interest in the SMU HC position. He's already at the head of the line when P5 jobs are mentioned.
Same with Sumlin.

Why do you even post here? At least Cargogunki comes to talk up one of our rivals, you clearly have nothing better to do. Go make out with Biggin.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Hart better make a hire by early next week or Biggin will be back
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 am

soccermom wrote:My favorite part of his speech was when he said it was hard for him saying goodbye to his team....his former team.

I suspect it was hard for him and I honestly believe Morris loved this team and these guys who worked so hard for him to accomplish what they have. Every one wants to make Morris out to be a bad guy, but just think about it...he's done a masterful job of managing his career and ended up with a P5 job in what is perhaps the best college football conference in the country with a school yearning to compete for championships. As he said, when he took the SMU job people questioned that decision but think about it. If you have ANY confidence in your ability, SMU could only go up from that abysmal 1-11 season so he had to know he would be successful. I give him credit for having the patience to say "thanks but no thanks" to Baylor if that is what happened last year, but also parlaying this year's results into the Arkansas job. I really believe he looked at next year's schedule and saw no guarantee this team would improve enough to duplicate this year's results, so I think he knew it had to happen NOW. I personally am thankful for the job he did while here and now just hope Dykes can hold this thing together and keep the program moving in a positive direction because I fear next year could be a very challenging 1st year for him.
Charleston Pony

Postby Puckhead48E » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 am

How's that Venables hire for DC going for Chad? Guy can't even figure out how not to throw up pony ears and say Pony Up during his intro to the students...
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby SMUer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:59 am

Too much Red Bull
SMUer

PreviousNext

Return to Football