PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Todd orlando

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Todd orlando

Postby ponyboy101 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

just read an article saying the Texas defensive coordinator (Todd Orlando) was in Dallas meeting with SMU officials. article says Rick Hart is "trying to hire a defensive minded coach while possibly trying to hold the SMU offense in tact." that would probably be the best case scenario as of right now... the article also goes on to say " AD Rick Hart wants wants to move quickly and have a frontrunner in the next 36 hours" quicker than most would have thought. "I'm told Jeff Traylor has other offers from Arkansas, and thenMissouri's offensive coordinator to replace the guy who went to UCF. surprising that an SEC would want him as an OC given how little experience he has. the last big line I read was "in addition to Orlando, SMU officials are planning or might be already in contact with Brent Venables (Clemson DC) and Kevin Steele (Auburn DC). if we could land Orlando and keep traylor our recruiting would be dynamite, we would be able to keep recruiting offense but finally recruit some solid defense.

read this on a Texas's 247 sports site, (wich is a pretty reliable source). link below, you must be a VIP to read I believe.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Art ... +logged+in
Last edited by ponyboy101 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ponyboy101
Recruit

Re: Todd orlando

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks for the note. I really hope the plan works to bring in Todd for HC and he brings someone for DC and we keep Jeff Traylor for OC. However, if he's getting offers at P5 level for OC than he's probably sticking around to say make me HC or I'm walking. If that happens than the offense might regress but I think we can survive. It would be great to have a defensive minded coach so we dont have to watch teams steamroll through ours.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:33 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Thanks for the note. I really hope the plan works to bring in Todd for HC and he brings someone for DC and we keep Jeff Traylor for OC. However, if he's getting offers at P5 level for OC than he's probably sticking around to say make me HC or I'm walking. If that happens than the offense might regress but I think we can survive. It would be great to have a defensive minded coach so we dont have to watch teams steamroll through ours.

Wasn’t Phil Bennett a defensive minded coach?
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Thanks for the note. I really hope the plan works to bring in Todd for HC and he brings someone for DC and we keep Jeff Traylor for OC. However, if he's getting offers at P5 level for OC than he's probably sticking around to say make me HC or I'm walking. If that happens than the offense might regress but I think we can survive. It would be great to have a defensive minded coach so we dont have to watch teams steamroll through ours.

Wasn’t Phil Bennett a defensive minded coach?

Did he have output like Texas had this year? They were so much better than I've ever seen them before all in 1 year.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:37 pm

I think Bennett was pretty good at Kansas State and that was one reason SMU hired him.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Maybe Orlando sees that Herman is going to fail at UT and is weird and kisses his players before games, and would take the opportunity to leave?
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jimhagle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Rebel10 wrote:I think Bennett was pretty good at Kansas State and that was one reason SMU hired him.

He had success there because they had a lot of talent on defense when he was there.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

jimhagle wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:I think Bennett was pretty good at Kansas State and that was one reason SMU hired him.

He had success there because they had a lot of talent on defense when he was there.

I guess he recruited well.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby smustatesman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:53 pm

How about Tony Orlando instead of Todd ?
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:54 pm

doubt if he would see the Dawn here.
redpony

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:49 pm

smustatesman wrote:How about Tony Orlando instead of Todd ?

Orlando Bloom?
Bergermeister

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Tony Orlando and Dawn.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Our new DC
(Dish Cleaner)
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 pm

jimhagle wrote:

and his relatives weren't assistant coaches at K state.
gostangs

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

gostangs wrote:
jimhagle wrote:

and his relatives weren't assistant coaches at K state.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bergermeister

Next

Return to Football