PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I Think Chad Is Going to Love Arkansas

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: I Think Chad Is Going to Love Arkansas

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:45 pm

was Ron Meyer an "elite recruiter"?

Because his first 3 classes weren't in the top half of the SWC either, he was + 1/2 game after 3 years, no winning record and no Bowl

Some don't understand College Football
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 pm

I assume he got elite when we started floating CA$H?

No question Chad can recruit better with more resources, better facilities, and the SEC. Duh...
GiddyUp

Postby mustang1992 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I don't remember seeing anything about the team being worst if Chad was still here. If he picks off the good recruits and we don't add any decent ones then yeah sure we will see a little regression in a 2 years but I don't see why we would be at least competing in the middle of the AAC next year.

We are three recruiting classes and an IPF away from a competitive program.

Would be nice to finally get beyond this mantra we keep telling ourselves.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:12 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:I don't remember seeing anything about the team being worst if Chad was still here. If he picks off the good recruits and we don't add any decent ones then yeah sure we will see a little regression in a 2 years but I don't see why we would be at least competing in the middle of the AAC next year.

We are three recruiting classes and an IPF away from a competitive program.

Would be nice to finally get beyond this mantra we keep telling ourselves.

We're pretty competitive against teams ranked in the 100s like #101 LA Tech.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Okay I get our wins weren’t impressive but our losses were entirely horrible outside of Memphis and TCU. Houston, if our offense wasn’t unusually bad that game, I think we should have won it. We BTHO Navy in the 2nd half and UCF we were 3 dropped passes from a tied game (possible win). That’s why if we make the right hire here and add on to the defense and keep the thing rolling, we will be competing possibly for conference championship and better recruiting classes with IPF.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:07 pm

we played UCF one of the closest games on their schedule
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby MV pony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Down to counting moral victories. That sucks the life out of school spirit.
MV pony
All-American

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:31 pm

entitlement syndrome-we are no better than a 7 win-the teams that beat us have better talent except maybe Navy which we lost by 3 on the Road. Yes playing Top 10 and Top 25 team close and into 4th Q are steps in the right direction

Stallion

Postby friarwolf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Stallion wrote:It was [deleted] incredible recruiting off of 1, 2 and 5 wins--we got hit hard last year with the late Texas and Baylor openings-otherwise we finish around Top 50- 3 of the decommitments already starting games at P5 level-but that's what happens to 5 win teams recruiting P5 level talent at the G5 level when you play before 8,000 people

This is going to be fun to watch-hopefully some of you pay attention-because Chad will knock recruiting out of the park at Arkansas.

Disagree Stallon. To truly compete in the SEC, he is gonna have to stroll into family rooms of 4 and 5 stars right after the OU’s, Texas’, Bama’s, Auburn’s, LSU’s, & A&M’s have been there pitching their programs and convince them to go to backwater Arkie. I don’t think he will he particularly successful. He’ll win 6 and 7 games a year and get fired by his suck buddy Jerry after year 5 when grandson’s elegibility is over. He may even win less the first 2 years as he has to convert from Fat bert’s system.
Last edited by friarwolf on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby Topper » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Part of Arkansas dream is that Chad can bring top Texas recruits to Fayetteville. A lot has changed since the SWC broke up. Arkansas no longer play half their conference schedule in Texas and TCU Baylor and Okie State are shoving a lot of sharp elbows in Texas HS recruiting. Tough row to hoe
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ericdickerson4life » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Could the same things be said about Clemson during Chads early days there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm

more than half of the best players in Texas leave the state and the SEC West is more dominant than any Conference in the Country. I think he'll show recruiting progress by the signing date(s). He's already getting great responses from many top recruits in Arkansas and Texas

Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree with Stallion on this. You guys selling the Razorbacks and Fayetteville as some backwater redneck environment are clueless. A good energetic coach/recruiter will will a lot of games in the SEC.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:37 pm

he's already got the State of Arkansas behind him - in an Arkansas 247 Sports Poll with thousands of votes-88% said they approve of the hiring of Chad Morris. He was at JerryWorld last nite, War Memorial for Arkansas playoffs early this afternoon and then Basketball arena later this afternoon-I think its a great fit and maybe the place where he should have been all along. He is the guy that will get Arkansas back into Texas-so he fits for Arkansas maybe even better than A&M now that SEC footprint in Texas

Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Agreed.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

PreviousNext

Return to Football