PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I Think Chad Is Going to Love Arkansas

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: I Think Chad Is Going to Love Arkansas

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:46 pm

No question that Chad is a good match for Arkansas, as I pointed out months ago.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

RGV Pony wrote:No question that Chad is a good match for Arkansas, as I pointed out months ago.

Yeah, but when you did I told you they would not take him due to no Arkansas ties.

But then I found out there were 2 Whataburgers in Fayetteville.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 pm

mrydel wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:No question that Chad is a good match for Arkansas, as I pointed out months ago.

Yeah, but when you did I told you they would not take him due to no Arkansas ties.

But then I found out there were 2 Whataburgers in Fayetteville.
No doubt the missing link
RGV Pony

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 pm

When he came in talking to those Arkansas folks using Smokey and the Bandit quotes I knew he had them then.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby gostangs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Stallion wrote:was Ron Meyer an "elite recruiter"?

Because his first 3 classes weren't in the top half of the SWC either, he was + 1/2 game after 3 years, no winning record and no Bowl

Some don't understand College Football

The guy that thinks we should have hired Todd dodge is saying others don't understand college football. Im sure if we had paid Todd 3.5 million we would have proven our love and been in the college football playoffs.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:57 am

I have never said that SMU should hire Todd Dodge-just because an [deleted] repeats it thousands of times doesn't make it true. I've challenged him to prove it multiple times and he disappears. What other poster has such an inferiority complex that he uses a poster ID of another poster and repeatedly brings up an alleged post a decade ago? And then can't ball-up and prove it. Anyone can search the ponyfans.com and nobody has ever proven that is accurate. So go ahead big man-prove your [deleted] or shut the hell up. The only thing I did was list Todd Dodge as one of 8 potential prospects for the job. There was never a time when Todd Dodge was a legitimate candidate for the job at any point within months of an SMU hire. We're waiting
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Silk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:11 am

I don't care if Morris likes Arkansas or not.
I care about winning the bowl game and who the next coach (and coaching staff) will be.
Silk
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am

Knew that would get stallion revved up! It's almost too easy.
gostangs

Postby mustangxc » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am

Stallion wrote:I have never said that SMU should hire Todd Dodge-just because an [deleted] repeats it thousands of times doesn't make it true. I've challenged him to prove it multiple times and he disappears. What other poster has such an inferiority complex that he uses a poster ID of another poster and repeatedly brings up an alleged post a decade ago? And then can't ball-up and prove it. Anyone can search the ponyfans.com and nobody has ever proven that is accurate. So go ahead big man-prove your [deleted] or shut the hell up. The only thing I did was list Todd Dodge as one of 8 potential prospects for the job. There was never a time when Todd Dodge was a legitimate candidate for the job at any point within months of an SMU hire. We're waiting

Do you realize the search query does not go back past 2009? You definitely said something along the line that UNT was going to surpass SMU in recruiting and then on the field.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am

Stallion wrote:I have never said that SMU should hire Todd Dodge-just because an [deleted] repeats it thousands of times doesn't make it true. I've challenged him to prove it multiple times and he disappears. What other poster has such an inferiority complex that he uses a poster ID of another poster and repeatedly brings up an alleged post a decade ago? And then can't ball-up and prove it. Anyone can search the ponyfans.com and nobody has ever proven that is accurate. So go ahead big man-prove your [deleted] or shut the hell up. The only thing I did was list Todd Dodge as one of 8 potential prospects for the job. There was never a time when Todd Dodge was a legitimate candidate for the job at any point within months of an SMU hire. We're waiting

That's pretty slick, counselor. I suppose one of the mods could search the archives to find the exact quote but as I (and probably others) recall, you said something along the lines that "SMU will rue the day they allowed UNT to hire Todd Dodge". He may not have been your preferred candidate for the SMU job, but you certainly thought he was a good hire for the UNT job. At least you admit he was on your list of 8 potential candidates.
Charleston Pony

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:07 am

Silver lining? Maybe we can get Arkansas back on our future schedules? That would be fun. I still think of that game in Shreveport with Ramon, when we beat them by a lot.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 am

Most def. said we would regret hiring Todd Dodge, and that it was a fantastic hire for UNT.
SMUer

Postby SMUGradCox » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Chad knew exactly what he was getting into. He knew our fan base wasn't strong towards football. He knew our attendance issues. None of this surprised him. Any of you that doesn't take this personally and have a fire lit in your belly isn't passionate enough.

All of this can be built up (winning program, more attendance, more engaged fans), but we obviously don't have it now. Stop using this as a hall pass for chad leaving as if it's "okay." He was here for barely 3 years, didn't do that great of a job, is poaching our recruits, and handled it pretty terribly (no letter, no communication whatsoever to the SMU community?).
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Be sure you put the same standards on our new coach. He must be thankful to those he leaves and definitely cannot bring in any recruits from where he was no matter how good they are.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Nacho » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Would love for Dykes to bring TCU recruits.
Nacho

PreviousNext

Return to Football