PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is everyone thanking Chad?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is everyone thanking Chad?

Postby gostangs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 pm

mtrout wrote:
Mexmustang wrote:When your head coach is seen cursing the pictures of the last two head coaches, shouting, "I should have listened, I should have listened", six months into the job you know he hated the place. And this time even Randy Allen is leaving....everyone wants out!

Our AD has no power, and no cajonies to stick up for his coaches. In four years he has done nothing to market football and sell tickets. But, he has raised BB tickets twice...FK the coaches, and FK the fans. Even he has interviewed... but schools are on to him.

Like one of our coaches said, "You can't even fart on this campus without Turner's approval". And our board has given him a lifetime contract. What a joke! The fifth highest salary at any university and we are not even in the top 50.

That is all too real for this board.

Orsini tried to win and look what happened to him. Oh wait i forgot that everyone hates him too.

You mean the guy that thought Larry brown was a bad idea? That orsini?
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:anyone involved in sports of any kind should feel gratitude to the fans in the stands. Sports are played by players, coached by coaches, and watched by fans. The fans spent money on the Chad Morris era, they didn't make it. To ignore the fans who supported the team from the stands is classless. Plain and simple.

I think it’s more than that, bu.

Chad is a Texas ‘boy’. His comfort zone is here. Why tick off one of the 3 influential alumni bases in Texas. His choice, but it would serve him better if he just faked it....he’s good at that, it shouldn’t be a problem for him.
SoCal_Pony

Postby mtrout » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 pm

gostangs wrote:
You mean the guy that thought Larry brown was a bad idea? That orsini?

Who did orsini hire for the basketball job? Am i in the wrong parallel universe again?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:27 pm

It was forced on him. He said no and they had to go around him, which is not good in an AD.
gostangs

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Some of you guys act like Chad did some heroic job and we should just thank him for putting up with us :roll:

Chad Morris sucks and knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed with SMU. He just finally found a spot to jump to, which is what he wanted to use SMU for all along. Someone (maybe Stallion) said that we should thank Chad because he grew our "production" by 600%, which is funny math. June won 5 games in his last "real" season at SMU. Chad won 2,5 and 7 games in his 3 years. How did he raise "production" 600%???

This is my first post but I've been registered since 2005, so I've been a regular reader. Pony up, boys.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby PonySnob » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

F*ck those guys. Any mustang that doesn't want to destroy Chad and his "boys" and kick them where the sun don't shine don't have any fire... Chad "snake oil salesman" Morris.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 pm

He torpedoed 2 of his three recruitment classes here by trying to and eventually jumping ship...wait, what are we thanking him for again? Oh yes, tireless local recruiting...
Last edited by SMUer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMUer

Postby mtrout » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 pm

We'll take our frustrations out on Arkansas (State) in 2019.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 pm

SMUer wrote:He torpedoed 2 of his three recruitment classes here by trying to jump ship...wait, what are we thanking him for again? Oh yes, tireless local recruiting...

Amen.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm

June Jones is tagged with 1-11 and one of the worst offenses in NCAA History-after he got blown out by NTSU by 43-6 it was quite obvious that SMU was going to have an awful season so he packed his bags like a little coward. He's lucky they pulled off a win in final mud bowl game against UCONN
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm

I'm no June fan. It's a laugh to act like Chad did some incredible job when I've seen much better turn-arounds at other similar programs. F*ck him and his group of pseudo [deleted] that used SMU.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Understand the football biz and CM taking Arkansas.....it does get me a bit to already see them in our backyard recruiting/flipping the guys we have paid them to recruit for the last year. Again understand its part of the business, but definitely makes my blood pressure rise.

Let's just hope that Hart and the CoC can get the best head coach possible and continue to invest in Football and Athletics so we can at least stay on par with UH, Memphis, Cincy, etc. And I hate RGT by the way, has been a cancer here as long as I can remember and the one most responsible to blame for where our athletic program is at currently, which he would do us all a favor and just stroke out so we can replace him.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 pm

JoeKidd wrote:I hate RGT by the way, has been a cancer here as long as I can remember...do us all a favor and just stroke out so we can replace him.

wow...i'm no Turner fan....but you guys are brutal....lol
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:I hate RGT by the way, has been a cancer here as long as I can remember...do us all a favor and just stroke out so we can replace him.

wow...i'm no Turner fan....but you guys are brutal....lol

I know that’s extra billion dollars to our endowment and showing up to games consistently is very cancerous.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football