PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is everyone thanking Chad?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is everyone thanking Chad?

Postby ponypatrick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:The fact that Chad didn't see any reason to thank the few loyal SMU fans that were in the stands pretty much says it all about him. I might have missed something but I have seen no statement from him recognizing SMU's contribution to his life. He sees no reason to recognize the fans and the school he deserted, that's fine. Contracts mean nothing, I get it. I hope we benefit from what he has left behind, but I have no urge to say "thank you", and even if I did, he doesn't seem to care.

I'll still be in the stands like I always am. Go Ponies.

It's because Chad is all about Chad. He strikes me as someone who has very little humility or gratitude in
his make-up. I feel sorry for people like that, but I'm glad he's gone.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 pm

I’m not glad he is gone but he is most definitely replaceable.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:I hate RGT by the way, has been a cancer here as long as I can remember...do us all a favor and just stroke out so we can replace him.

wow...i'm no Turner fan....but you guys are brutal....lol

I know that’s extra billion dollars to our endowment and showing up to games consistently is very cancerous.

Not saying he can't fundraise for the Arts, Fountains, etc......but the mentality that he let the admin and academic staff foster towards athletics for so long created our current cancer.....and I just hate prim and proper p**ssies in general, so yeah he needs to move onto the next plane.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Bo Darville » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 pm

I can see thanking Scott Frost or Tom Hermann... We're going to Frisco?
Bo Darville

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:10 am

PonySnob wrote:Image

One could argue Arkansas is recruiting at a higher level than SMU ever could - 4/5star vs 2/3star and therefore there is no competition. Just like in his first press conference or so he said there were enough recruits in TX for UT, A&M to get theirs plus SMU to get ours.

Now if the guy is going all dirtbag and flipping all of SMU's top recruits then he and his posse can go to you know where. That is just as bad the Junebug burning down the house as he walked away.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby SMUGradCox » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:23 am

Arkansas is not elite enough that it wouldn't compete head on for recruits with us. Arkansas will get its share of 4-stars but nothing like LSU or a Auburn. The great majority of Arkansas recruits are 3 stars/2 stars. They definitely would compete with what we are trying to get for the high end of our class. So f*ck Chad and f*ck his posse of dipsh*ts.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby Nacho » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 am

Chad is about Chad. Has sreppend on many backs on his way to the top.
Nacho

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:15 am

So if we hire a coach from another school and he gets some of that school's top recruits to come with him, we will have hired a scum bag?
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 am

Pretty much, but like they say: hate the game not the player.
mustangxc

Postby redpony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 am

ponypatrick wrote:
It's because Chad is all about Chad. He strikes me as someone who has very little humility or gratitude in his make-up. I feel sorry for people like that, but I'm glad he's gone.

His lack of class, not thanking the fans etc. will fit right in with the arky fans.
redpony

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:46 am

Charleston Pony wrote:So if we hire a coach from another school and he gets some of that school's top recruits to come with him, we will have hired a scum bag?

I think most on this board would be happy to have him poach recruits from his previous school. When Jason Phillips came here from Houston everyone was posting hoping he would flip Houston commits to SMU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am

redpony wrote:
ponypatrick wrote:
It's because Chad is all about Chad. He strikes me as someone who has very little humility or gratitude in his make-up. I feel sorry for people like that, but I'm glad he's gone.

His lack of class, not thanking the fans etc. will fit right in with the arky fans.

There might be a couple out there but could you give me a link to an example of a coach that thanked the fans when he left? I know most talk to the team which CM did.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby sbsmith » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 am

Rebel10 wrote:
There might be a couple out there but could you give me a link to an example of a coach that thanked the fans when he left? I know most talkmto the team which CM did.

Matt Rhule

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/spor ... er-ad.html
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Nacho » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

Charleston Pony wrote:So if we hire a coach from another school and he gets some of that school's top recruits to come with him, we will have hired a scum bag?

I don't remember any recruits from Clemson coming with Chad. But he is going to steal our best ones.
Nacho

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 am

sbsmith wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
There might be a couple out there but could you give me a link to an example of a coach that thanked the fans when he left? I know most talkmto the team which CM did.

Matt Rhule

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/spor ... er-ad.html

Well that’s one. Looking for the second. Even if a second were found it’s just not a frequent occurrence. Again if he talks to the team that’s fine with me.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football