PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Player mutiny over Dykes?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Player mutiny over Dykes?

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 pm

I know it's twitter, but some of that spelling and grammar is the reason why the adults in the room make the decision.

That said, hiring Dykes is a decision that only a dying old blind man would make by throwing darts at a wall of candidates and picking whatever he hit first.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Comet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

SMU21TCU10 wrote:Seems like a bad way to start off with your new coach? Maybe not publicly tweet negative things about him?

Kids are dumb. That's all this is. In 10 years, regardless of what happens with Dykes they'd shake their head at such behavior. I know I've done dumb crap too.
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 pm

SMU21TCU10 wrote:Seems like a bad way to start off with your new coach? Maybe not publicly tweet negative things about him?

And there are even some season ticket holders that have threatened to cancel their tickets at this hire.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Guess the players are going to coach themselves for the bowl:

https://youtu.be/qbIEepu8Z4w
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:42 pm

I would tell the players to man up.
Pony ^

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:Guess the players are going to coach themselves for the bowl:

https://youtu.be/qbIEepu8Z4w

Great movie
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

SMUGradCox wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Well Traylor doesn't have much on his resume but could keep things moving along till we find the right hire unless he proves himself. Dykes has an abysmal recruiting record in the G5 and a mediocre at best record. I get people are finding excuses for him but I don't see much difference other players being happy for Traylor.

This is incredibly weak. He could "keep things moving along till..." lol.

We're going to allow the players that Chad "Full of sh*t" Morris recruited dictate what we do with our program?

Well better than the guy who flunked out. I rather players be happy and defer us one year. I doubt Dykes even recruits 3 players before this all over. If he can find 3* or better, I’ll feel better but otherwise. I trust a guy who has been continuously coaching and already earn players respect.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pm

FWMustang wrote:Just what sports needs: players picking their own coach. Color me "get off my lawn, and turn your music down."

Amen ! Hey kids , If you don't like it.....haul [deleted]
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Same movie as at UH last year except we went internal and kept Applewhite. Coach Orlando was actually the interim-HC. :) We lost at least three top recruits. Believe it was far more. Stallion was keeping track.

Traylor as a one year interim is silly. What assts would coach at a school with a one year interim HC? What recruits was Traylor responsible for? I'd suspect the guy who switched to Syracuse since he's from Tyler. Time to move on.

Hopefully Dykes has the funds and contacts to hire a solid DC and a dynamic OC. He likely won't use the same OC/QB coach he had at LT/Cal. Tony Franklin, now 60, ran his offense and QB the last three years at LaTech and the first three years at Cal (Goff years). He then returned to MTSU in the same role (OC/QB) in 2006 and looks like he'll stay there since he's a KY native and Murray State grad.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:30 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
FWMustang wrote:Just what sports needs: players picking their own coach. Color me "get off my lawn, and turn your music down."

Amen ! Hey kids , If you don't like it.....haul [deleted]

Yes, they are here to play football and shut up. No opinions allowed.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Same movie as at UH last year except we went internal and kept Applewhite. Coach Orlando was actually the interim-HC. :) We lost at least three top recruits. Believe it was far more. Stallion was keeping track.

Traylor as a one year interim is silly. What assts would coach at a school with a one year interim HC? What recruits was Traylor responsible for? I'd suspect the guy who switched to Syracuse since he's from Tyler. Time to move on.

Hopefully Dykes has the funds and contacts to hire a solid DC and a dynamic OC. He likely won't use the same OC/QB coach he had at LT/Cal. Tony Franklin, now 60, ran his offense and QB the last three years at LaTech and the first three years at Cal (Goff years). He then returned to MTSU in the same role (OC/QB) in 2006 and looks like he'll stay there since he's a KY native and Murray State grad.

Franklin would be a good hire if they can pull him from MTSU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby footballdad » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:30 pm

..........and Ponyfans thought the Arkansas player response and body language during the Morris intro speech was bad.

What will Jones & Co. do when Dykes walks in and tells them to sit up in their chairs? :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 pm

These kids are idiots. Not worth even giving them one bit of attention imo.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes attack the players. That’ll show them.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby geno » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Surprised that nobody, as yet, has quoted the old "letting the lunatics run the asylum" maxim.
geno
Junior Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football