PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Player mutiny over Dykes?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Player mutiny over Dykes?

Postby Comet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

footballdad wrote:..........and Ponyfans thought the Arkansas player response and body language during the Morris intro speech was bad.

What will Jones & Co. do when Dykes walks in and tells them to sit up in their chairs? :lol:

Yeah I wish I could be there when that happens
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby geno » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Surprised that nobody, as yet, has quoted the old "letting the lunatics run the asylum" maxim.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

geno wrote:Surprised that nobody, as yet, has quoted the old "letting the lunatics run the asylum" maxim.

I thought it was the inmates running the prison
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Comet wrote:
mustangxc wrote:What about his resume makes Traylor more deserving than Dykes?

Here's Kemon's answer to that: https://twitter.com/kemonfreeman/status ... 2815896576

It makes no since to hire someone that was fired from their last job. Evidently he wasn’t doing something right!!

Les Miles was fired from his last job. As was Jim Tressel. And Tom Landry. And Jon Gruden. I suppose none of them can coach?

This is why we don't let 20 year-olds make hiring decisions for 7 figure positions.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 pm

MustangStealth wrote:
Comet wrote:

Here's Kemon's answer to that: https://twitter.com/kemonfreeman/status ... 2815896576

It makes no since to hire someone that was fired from their last job. Evidently he wasn’t doing something right!!

Les Miles was fired from his last job. As was Jim Tressel. And Tom Landry. And Jon Gruden. I suppose none of them can coach?

This is why we don't let 20 year-olds make hiring decisions for 7 figure positions.

Those are horrible examples. All of them have won national championships or a super bowls.

Sonny Dykes aint won't jack.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm

MustangStealth wrote:
Comet wrote:

I don't think any of these were offered our job. I'm afraid even the dead ones could be better.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby ponyte » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:53 pm

Dykes has served under Stoopes, Patterson and Leach. Not bad experience. And he has head coaching experience at our level and P5.

I wonder what the kids know about him? THe interview process is pretty demanding and those making the hiring decision have much more infomration than players.

I get the emotion involved. I had 3 differnt TE coaches and 3 differnt O line coaches in my time. All differnt and one or two better than the others but I had to perform for all or not play.

The key is playing and winning. If these kids win, they will love their new coach.

It all comes back to winning.
ponyte

Postby BRStang » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:56 pm

I didn't see anything in those posts that would suggest mutiny. Good lord. Some of you people seem to want us to fail.
Geaux MUSTANGS! Geaux Tigers!
BRStang
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangStealth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:01 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
MustangStealth wrote:

Those are horrible examples. All of them have won national championships or a super bowls.

Sonny Dykes aint won't jack.

That's not the point. The point is "someone else fired him" isn't a valid argument. If you want to argue against Dykes, make a specific argument why Dykes is a bad hire.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Just what we need...now they are going to have to find again a reason for playing
SMUer

Postby docabel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Now it will be interesting to see how they react when they realize Traylor was already planning on leaving them for Arkansas?
docabel
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

docabel wrote:Now it will be interesting to see how they react when they realize Traylor was already planning on leaving them for Arkansas?

Well they probably all realize that if he didn’t get the HC job it would make sense to lateral to a bigger school and not be stuck under Dykes. I don’t see how you can blame the guy and the players don’t either. Instead they’re probably thinking about transferring out.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Um what does "one more together" mean...

HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Stepp was going to coach the bowl with Traylor. Now this is old info.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

They're not prisoners or patients. They're young men, uncertain about the future and the last tie they had left to the usual world has now been broken. They will be sad, anxious and angry. Hopefully Dykes will have a better speech prepared than that crap Morris was spewing when he met the pig players.
HubbaHubba
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football