PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So how many are joining me in cancelling season tickets?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: So how many are joining me in cancelling season tickets?

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Dear AD,

Please cancel our season tickets.
Sincerely,

Parents of Tweeting Players
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Boston Pony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Hear there are fans at Tennessee that will sell their season tickets, maybe you can become a Volunteer fan. You kinda sound like one.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby ericdickerson4life » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm

So you’re going to [deleted] while not supporting the team. If we do start winning is that when you go away? Or do you then start supporting the team? Seems like you want to win either way (he fails you feel vindicate, he wins you are all on board) without really having to go out on a limb. Don’t be a [deleted] just quit and go root for another team. Your boy Orlando or Traylor have teams you can root for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby SMUGradCox » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
SMUGradCox wrote:This thread is very sad. I'm keeping my tickets because I love SMU. Some of you are acting like we just hired a lower-tier school's special teams coordinator as our head coach. Good lord.

That’s a great way to describe this hire!

What's your background? How do you know how to evaluate this hire to such a level of confidence? I'm not saying you don't deserve your opinion (you do), but you are acting like you have years of experience in athletics or even coaching. What is your background and what do you know?
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Losing Trey Quinn is going to hurt.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:Losing Trey Quinn is going to hurt.

After leading the nation in receiving I think he should strongly consider going pro.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 pm

SMUGradCox wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
SMUGradCox wrote:This thread is very sad. I'm keeping my tickets because I love SMU. Some of you are acting like we just hired a lower-tier school's special teams coordinator as our head coach. Good lord.

That’s a great way to describe this hire!

What's your background? How do you know how to evaluate this hire to such a level of confidence? I'm not saying you don't deserve your opinion (you do), but you are acting like you have years of experience in athletics or even coaching. What is your background and what do you know?

Like you said, it’s an opinion. How did I get my opinion: looking at his recruiting classes at LA Tech (rankings 95-110) which is more comparable to us since both is G5. Like one person accurately put, he’s got a June similarity. He was canned and found an analyst job (no coach experience and probably wasnt thinking anything was coming for awhile). He doesn’t have anything that suggests “take to the next level”. On top of all that, it feels like June Jones deja vu.

Like I told XC, I hope im so so so wrong and that we succeed. I would love to come on here and say I was so wrong shame on me. I feel he might be able to “coach” but I don’t see him recruiting. So if we get 8 wins yay but if our recruiting class is 90+ I will consider it a huge failure.

I guess the other part of this is the fact we were probably denied by all the good options. If that’s the case, that realization that we are G5-for-life sucks.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:Losing Trey Quinn is going to hurt.

After leading the nation in receiving I think he should strongly consider going pro.

Well he clearly thinks another year playing under Morris is the way to go. I guess he graduates this year so won’t have to sit out.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby leopold » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Question:

If only 150 people show up for an average home game and 75 of them decide not to attend in the future does it really hurt you?
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 pm

leopold wrote:Question:

If only 150 people show up for an average home game and 75 of them decide not to attend in the future does it really hurt you?

:lol:
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonySnob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 am

Texasscout96 wrote:You all crucified me last week. But it's done now. How many of you are going to shell out money to watch this program put in half effort at best?

Were your seats any good? Might want to upgrade and it would be helpful to know what’s available.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 am

PonySnob wrote:
Texasscout96 wrote:You all crucified me last week. But it's done now. How many of you are going to shell out money to watch this program put in half effort at best?

Were your seats any good? Might want to upgrade and it would be helpful to know what’s available.

Are you sure you have season tickets? If you went to games, you'd know you can already sit just about anywhere you want.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
lollaperuna wrote:So, it looks like we might have 14,992 next year instead of the usual 15,000 fans in attendance.

:lol: :lol: yeah fans don’t have any leverage anyways.

Fans capable of writing million dollar checks actually have quite a bit of leverage these days.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMUGradCox » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Like you said, it’s an opinion. How did I get my opinion: looking at his recruiting classes at LA Tech (rankings 95-110) which is more comparable to us since both is G5. Like one person accurately put, he’s got a June similarity. He was canned and found an analyst job (no coach experience and probably wasnt thinking anything was coming for awhile). He doesn’t have anything that suggests “take to the next level”. On top of all that, it feels like June Jones deja vu.

Like I told XC, I hope im so so so wrong and that we succeed. I would love to come on here and say I was so wrong shame on me. I feel he might be able to “coach” but I don’t see him recruiting. So if we get 8 wins yay but if our recruiting class is 90+ I will consider it a huge failure.

I guess the other part of this is the fact we were probably denied by all the good options. If that’s the case, that realization that we are G5-for-life sucks.

Just seems like your reaction is emotionally charged and an overreaction at that. Cancelling your season tickets? Imploring others to do the same? How does that improve our situation?
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am

Bergermeister wrote:Adding 2. Looking forward to the new regime.

You say that every year Corso.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football