PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Big Al is pumped for Bowl!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Big Al is pumped for Bowl!

Postby dr rc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:30 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
No Quarter wrote:With the coaching staff new, incomplete, unfamiliar, in disarray, what ever, what is the line on the game?

Earlier today, it was SMU favored by 5 points. What does that tell you about LA Tech?

Ehh, they nearly beat South Carolina this year. They aren't as good as they normally are but they still have some talent and shouldn't be taken lightly.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

With our defense, I entirely agree. They still lost at home to NTCC, and that I believe was more recent. I'm think with coaching changes (thankfully with Ben at the helm) will go through a shootout and our defense will get lucky and stop them to win the game.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

We did not lose any games in which we were favored all year. Why start now?

(Of course, we might not have won a game in which we were not favored - can't recall the @Cin spread)
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm

"Meanwhile, the Mustangs are 4-0 ATS in their last four non-conference games and 4-1 ATS in their last five versus Conference USA. SMU is also 5-2 ATS in their last seven games in December and 1-6 ATS in their last seven games overall. "
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm

What is our record in soccer stadiums?
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 pm

No data. All up for grabs!
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MadJack » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 pm

I believe we are undefeated on Wednesdays.
MadJack
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm

dr rc wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
No Quarter wrote:With the coaching staff new, incomplete, unfamiliar, in disarray, what ever, what is the line on the game?

Earlier today, it was SMU favored by 5 points. What does that tell you about LA Tech?

Ehh, they nearly beat South Carolina this year. They aren't as good as they normally are but they still have some talent and shouldn't be taken lightly.

La Tech looked really good against SC that day...and they had to play that game in front of almost 80k SC fans so they are very capable of beating SMU...especially this SMU team that will not likely have the same game preparation that La Tech will have had
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:53 pm

CP I guess we will see but they could have just had that "they played out of their mind" kind of games. The rest of their schedule suggests they are a mediocre team. I wonder if they had some critical injuries to explain the epic collapse mid season. They somewhat rebounded with those two wins at the end but seem pretty mediocre performances. I agree they will be far more prepared than we are but I think we are far more talented then them thanks to Chad's recruiting and player development. I mean.... we got Sutton... Quinn, enough said. Defense is our achilles hill and that's not going to change soon. Our hope is the defense can maintain (not by choice) their bend don't break strategy and make some stops that forces a field goal or turnover on downs when the field gets smaller.

I think Dykes is going to trust that Ben will be essentially the OC of the team and he's going to focus as well as his assistants on the defensive side of things to try to tighten as best he can. My guess anyways.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 am

Picked up my tickets yesterday afternoon, we are up to 5,000 tickets. They said SMU can't get anymore, so fans should buy from the Frisco Bowl site or by phone. Hopefully we can keep growing the Mustangs support in Frisco!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby smustatesman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Since a soccer field is roughly the same dimensions as a Canadian football field, will the Frisco Bowl be played under CFL rules?
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Previous

Return to Football