PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New Staff

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: New Staff

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Stallion wrote:The funny part of your argument is that the real youth and inexperience on Morris' coaching staff was Craddock, Fry, Stepp, Traylor, (Mathis played a part too in recruiting/development) on Offense and they produced the most productive offense in SMU History and all got HUGE RAISES and PROMOTIONS to an SEC program. Morris' knocked it out of the Park with all his inexperienced Offensive hires

The Defensive Coaching Staff had 57 years of College Coaching experience including stops at Alabama, Texas A&M (2), Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Kansas. Most of them had a decade+ or so of coaching experience-most at the P5 level. The reality is that SMU's problems had more to do with lack of talent, inexperience and the fact that Morris only took about 6 defensive recruits in Year 1 and most of his defensive recruits were only Sophomores, redshirt freshman or freshman

I love when people don't think before spouting "Conventional Wisdom"

Sticks and stones.......you remind me of the "know it all" in the White House :lol: :lol: :lol:
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Stallion wrote:The funny part of your argument is that the real youth and inexperience on Morris' coaching staff was Craddock, Fry, Stepp, Traylor, (Mathis played a part too in recruiting/development) on Offense and they produced the most productive offense in SMU History and all got HUGE RAISES and PROMOTIONS to an SEC program. Morris' knocked it out of the Park with all his inexperienced Offensive hires

The Defensive Coaching Staff had 57 years of College Coaching experience including stops at Alabama, Texas A&M (2), Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Kansas. Most of them had a decade+ or so of coaching experience-most at the P5 level. The reality is that SMU's problems had more to do with lack of talent, inexperience and the fact that Morris only took about 6 defensive recruits in Year 1 and most of his defensive recruits were only Sophomores, redshirt freshman or freshman

Hey Mr. Know it All , I wasn't referring to years of experience or age. I was talking about the difference in the quality
of the individual coaches. Southlake Carroll vs. Alabama...........get it !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby MustangFan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Welcome home, Randall Joyner

Love this hire
MustangFan
All-American

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm really more concerned about the new staff and how well they will do. But a significant difference is bringing someone on the defensive side with experience as a defensive coordinator, and on a very good defense no less.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RedRiverPony » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:21 pm

totally agree
RedRiverPony
All-American

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:17 pm

I have been excited to read all the good press that the Staff has received. I am most anxious to see what KK does with this defense. They certainly will be tested early next year against our stiff schedule. Looking forward to the Spring Game. Just sayin'.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Dark Horse » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Have they announced if there will be an actual spring game, as opposed too a public practice? Anyone know Sonny's preference on that?
Dark Horse
All-American

New Staff

Postby PonySnob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 am

Dark Horse wrote:Have they announced if there will be an actual spring game, as opposed too a public practice? Anyone know Sonny's preference on that?

Announced a few weeks ago
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 am

SMU also planning a IPF event at the Spring Game I am told. So should see some final plans for the building then if not before.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:30 am

Prepare yourself for copious amounts of field turf and an event center.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:54 pm

mtrout wrote:Prepare yourself for copious amounts of field turf and an event center.

Will the diving platforms be included? They're still in place, although the pool be gone.
Bergermeister

Previous

Return to Football