PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What can we expect

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

What can we expect

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 am

Wondering about what we can expect from the team at the bowl game? We may only have one coach there, along with Hicks as player coach. It is going to be strange. I seem to recall a few years back when we played in Bham in the bowl game that Pitt had a whole new coaching staff also.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: What can we expect

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 am

Last I saw we were favored by 5. Hate to bet against the Ponies but that seems like easy money.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 am

Pitt had a skeleton coaching staff made up of 1 interim HC and 4 assistants from the outgoing staff. Their new full time HC (Paul Chryst) watched the game from the press box.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 am

It seems like a total crap shoot for me but the lack of a strong Defense tips the scales towards a loss. We’ll need some breaks. A few big offensive plays and we’ll be in it.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby MV pony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm

I expect the team will come out to play for the seniors and win.

As for the coaches that will be there, look how many times the team didn't show up to play while cm and staff were on the field. I predict they will band together for the seniors if nothing else.
MV pony
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Our team will be at a significant disadvantage. I would imagine they are having to "cram" for La Tech, studying whatever film we have on them and trying to prepare but without a full coaching staff doing that kind of preparation, it's asking a lot of the kids. Should be an interesting game and would be a heck of an accomplishment by these guys to win this game.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football