PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dykes finally at home at SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dykes finally at home at SMU

Postby PK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Don't know if this has already been posted earlier. If so I apologize for wasting your time. I don't remember seeing a link for it.

http://www.smumustangs.com/news/2017/12/12/football-dykes-finally-at-home-at-smu.aspx?path=football
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Dykes finally at home at SMU

Postby BIGHORSE » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Hopefully he will be very happy, and bring many wins to The Hilltop!!!
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 pm

I’m here to bring people down to reality because timing never works out for us. I imagine Dykes will be extremely motivated to get us the wins we desire and continue a streak of bowls. He’s probably hoping this coincides with the Tech job possibly opening up to jump ship as anyone would expect to coach their alma mater. If that ship sails, I would be worried if we could be running into June 2.0. I really hope it’s plays well for us either we get to 9-10 wins and he bolts but we are progressing or he feels like a Gary Patterson and he leads us to long term success with lifetime loyalty.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:44 pm

My hope is that he learned his lesson about jumping to a P5 school and knows he Probably has better coaching longevity at a G5. He used to live in Dallas, and I assume he would like to keep his daughters in one place rather than move again in a few years. Also hoping a year seeing what Patterson has been able to accomplish with some loyalty might have stuck with him.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jpe747 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks PK...your article on Dykes makes me pull even harder for SMU which I wouldn't have thought possible before (the article). Always a Mustang. I hope Dykes is the man to take us out of the haze into the light - wins everything for the next 20 years. Then I'll be gone from this earth, Dykes can retire and SMU can hire someone new. :D
jpe747
Heisman

Postby 78pony » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 pm

jpe747 wrote:Thanks PK...your article on Dykes makes me pull even harder for SMU which I wouldn't have thought possible before (the article). Always a Mustang. I hope Dykes is the man to take us out of the haze into the light - wins everything for the next 20 years. Then I'll be gone from this earth, Dykes can retire and SMU can hire someone new. :D

Good thoughts jpe. I agree.
78pony
Heisman

Postby northtexsmu » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Excellent point SMU21TCU10, about Coach Dykes attitude now after spending a year with Patterson at TCU. Coach Dykes apparently learned a lot about the potential advantages of staying in an area you really enjoy.
northtexsmu
Recruit

Postby Junior » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 pm

I hadn’t seen that article yet, but I like it. Excited to see the guys Wednesday.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Glad to have Coach Dykes coaching the game. Scott Frost flipped 2 UCF recruits to Nebraska and will be coaching UCF in the bowl game. No way I would allow him to do that after flipping 2 recruits if I were UCF.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Return to Football