PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Has Agreement to Play Louisiana Tech Starting 2020

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Has Agreement to Play Louisiana Tech Starting 2020

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Main reason UCF wasn’t even considered for CFP was due to a weak OOC.

UCF lost a game with Georgia Tech because of a hurricane.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:00 pm

I respectfully sort of disagree. If those 4 SEC West opponents were in the top 25. I really think the voters would have no choice but to give us the 4 spot. It would be a huge controversy. Now the probability of us going undefeated and beating 4 SEC West (assumed top 25 finishers) is basically 0. So it’s will never be more than theory. I think had UCF, based on the analyst criticism, played meaningful teams they would have been in the playoff discussion. To your point, there definitely feels like a steel ceiling but that’s why it’s important that all AAC teams play P5s and win to grow the conference rep.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:03 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Main reason UCF wasn’t even considered for CFP was due to a weak OOC.

While losing another possible win would hurt, GT didn’t even make a bowl and finished with a losing record of 5-6. It wouldn’t qualify as a resume win.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:07 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:

While losing another possible win would hurt, GT didn’t even make a bowl and finished with a losing record of 5-6. It wouldn’t qualify as a resume win.

Can't blame UCF because GT stumbled. No one played three 10-2/9-3 teams in OOC play.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 pm

No, I’m not blaming them. I’m saying we are sadly very much attached to the teams we played whereas P5 teams are more or less attached to their record (like how the world should work). I personally hope the American from us to UCF will completely destroy their opponents.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ozfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:54 pm

This from the LaTech msg board. The home game for LaTech to be played in Shevesport

That means that there will be 15,000 Tech fans and 10 SMU fans. They don't even travel to their own stadium. I am not thrilled about a 2 for 1 with SMU. One for one should be the deal with any G5.
Sent from my KOREAN knockoff using Tapdance 5
ozfan
All-American

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

ozfan wrote:This from the LaTech msg board. The home game for LaTech to be played in Shevesport

That means that there will be 15,000 Tech fans and 10 SMU fans. They don't even travel to their own stadium. I am not thrilled about a 2 for 1 with SMU. One for one should be the deal with any G5.

Thought it was a home and home deal?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football