PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nice tribute to Courtland Sutton...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nice tribute to Courtland Sutton...

Postby smuhype » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Our man PONY-Nation sends out Sutton with a nice tribute in his BOWL Preview --- Thank you from ALL true Mustang Fans Courtland!!!

"Sutton surely will be trying to put on a show for the Mustang fans in his final game before he moves on to be a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Which brings me to this: thank you to Courtland Sutton. He easily could have bolted for the NFL last year. But he loved this team so much he wanted to stick around for one more ride. He could have sat out this bowl game, as many draft prospects do nowadays, but he won’t. Sutton has been one of the fiercest competitors this school has ever seen, and in my opinion, is the most talented football player in SMU history. Thank you Courtland, and I wish you a long and successful NFL career."

http://www.ponyfans.com/features/story.php?id=1183
smuhype
Junior Varsity

Re: Nice tribute to Courtland Sutton...

Postby ponyboy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:10 am

The most talented player in SMU history is a bit over the top. But Nate continues to impress with his knowledge of and love for SMU football.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 am

Courtland is as talented as any SMU player in recent history but I don’t think anyone could reasonably argue he is the most talented player in SMU’s history. We do have a tradition as ancient as it might seem to some.
mustangxc

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am

Eric Dickerson might be one of the five best athletes to ever play in the NFL let alone SMU.

Courtland is easily the best athlete we've had post DP. I can remember going to a practice his redshirt freshman season and thinking how did we end up with this guy?! He is a physical freak but he's also a very smart kid with a tremendous work ethic. I hope he lands in the right situation next year that will allow him to succeed.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Mustang1980 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Courtland is easily the best athlete we've had post DP. I can remember going to a practice his redshirt freshman season and thinking how did we end up with this guy?! He is a physical freak but he's also a very smart kid with a tremendous work ethic. I hope he lands in the right situation next year that will allow him to succeed.

Be nice to see him slide down the draft board to the Dallas Homeboys.
The Sun Rises in St. Simons!
Mustang1980
Junior Varsity

Return to Football