PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coordinators

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Coordinators

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:15 am

This is great. What I’m doing is so important. Gary Patterson is important. I’m helping the team. I’m helping the team win.

Perceived power has a strange effect on some people.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Black Horseshoe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 am

mrydel wrote:I did feel sorry for her. I wonder if people apply for that position?

What about the guy that had to get the SMU decals out of the urinals in Houston?
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby RI Stang » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 am

Black Horseshoe wrote:
mrydel wrote:I did feel sorry for her. I wonder if people apply for that position?

What about the guy that had to get the SMU decals out of the urinals in Houston?

I'd take that over GP's towel girl any day...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Lefty » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:15 pm

My guess is that Dykes already knows who his coordinators will be, and maybe even hired them already, but has not announced it until he can announce the entire staff.
Lefty
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Lefty wrote:My guess is that Dykes already knows who his coordinators will be, and maybe even hired them already, but has not announced it until he can announce the entire staff.

I think you are probably right and that just as Chad did with Malone, Dykes will be hiring someone who is currently a defensive position coach at a program that is bowling. Otherwise, an experience DC is going to have to come from some Southland Conference program or maybe SunBelt or CUSA because that's all SMU is going to be able to afford.
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Texas Tech Offensive Coordinator Eric Morris has taken the Head Coaching job at Incarnate Word which might have a tangential affect on SMU's search considering Tech background of Dykes. Example, I'd suppose that NTSU Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell would be high on the list for both schools. Missouri also might be involved. Why would Eric Morris take that job?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby jimhagle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:41 am

Stallion wrote:Texas Tech Offensive Coordinator Eric Morris has taken the Head Coaching job at Incarnate Word which might have a tangential affect on SMU's search considering Tech background of Dykes. Example, I'd suppose that NTSU Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell would be high on the list for both schools. Missouri also might be involved. Why would Eric Morris take that job?

Money? And a chance to prove himself.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:50 am

Stallion wrote: Why would Eric Morris take that job?

Same reason Chad Morris took the SMU job? Chance to be a HC at a program that finished 1-10. Nowhere to go but up, right? Make yourself look good and move on to bigger and better.
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Stallion wrote:Texas Tech Offensive Coordinator Eric Morris has taken the Head Coaching job at Incarnate Word which might have a tangential affect on SMU's search considering Tech background of Dykes. Example, I'd suppose that NTSU Offensive Coordinator Graham Harrell would be high on the list for both schools. Missouri also might be involved. Why would Eric Morris take that job?

Total sidetrack, but G.J. Kinne's brother, McLane Carter, was QB at Incarnate Word. Now at Tech.
ponyboy

Postby Digetydog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Stallion wrote: Why would Eric Morris take that job?

Same reason Chad Morris took the SMU job? Chance to be a HC at a program that finished 1-10. Nowhere to go but up, right? Make yourself look good and move on to bigger and better.

When my mom was in college, Incarnate Word was a girls school. Times change.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football