PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Disaster

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Disaster

Postby RI Stang » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:normally I wouldn't comment, but since my son didn't suit up (was ruled out with an injury suffered near end of the Tulane game), I am unbiased on this one. Ponyte has it mostly right. Guys, there was virtually no game plan. Worse than that there was no ability to adjust to blitzes. It is well known here that a grad assistant "called the plays", GJ Kinne. But do people realize we had no offensive line coach? They put a student assistant who didn't even help with the Offensive Line position during the season, somehow "in charge" of offensive line for the bowl. Let that sink in. It's ludicrous what happened. Honestly, the game shouldn't have even been played in those circumstances, Ben Hicks could have been hurt. The whole thing was unfair to everyone involved including the seniors, the fans, and Sonny Dykes. You can't defend the performance but don't mistake a lack of focus for a lack of character and ability. Six turnovers from guys who didn't turn the ball over all year, that's a complete lack of focus no doubt about it, but no one wants to fumble the football. It was a debacle. Embarrassing to say the least, but also a ridiculous and completely unfair situation. Pretty sad that it basically ruined a pretty decent season where lots of good things happened and we scored 40+ points a game against basically everybody, but couldn't score vs. La Tech. Wonder why.

Thank you for this post Mr. K. The team was set up for failure. Period. Lets all step away from the keyboards and the tweeters for a while, and relax. Shout out to the SMU frat bro cursing out Sonny Dykes' name in the restroom in halftime. You sir, are a special kind of special.

Pure gold
RI Stang
All-American

Postby SMUer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:16 pm

The other reason for that disaster was that the athletes didn’t like the old fogey uniforms their new oppressive coach asked them to wear. Where the flocc are the shiney helmets?
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Now that some time has gone by, I actually think the positives outweigh the negatives last night (barely). I think people, especially the ones that don’t really follow us, have really short memories. Now he knows way more about his team than any other first year coach would.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 pm

SMUer wrote:The other reason for that disaster was that the athletes didn’t like the old fogey uniforms their new oppressive coach asked them to wear. Where the flocc are the shiney helmets?

I fully blame the hype squad
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:48 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:normally I wouldn't comment, but since my son didn't suit up (was ruled out with an injury suffered near end of the Tulane game), I am unbiased on this one. Ponyte has it mostly right. Guys, there was virtually no game plan. Worse than that there was no ability to adjust to blitzes. It is well known here that a grad assistant "called the plays", GJ Kinne. But do people realize we had no offensive line coach? They put a student assistant who didn't even help with the Offensive Line position during the season, somehow "in charge" of offensive line for the bowl. Let that sink in. It's ludicrous what happened. Honestly, the game shouldn't have even been played in those circumstances, Ben Hicks could have been hurt. The whole thing was unfair to everyone involved including the seniors, the fans, and Sonny Dykes. You can't defend the performance but don't mistake a lack of focus for a lack of character and ability. Six turnovers from guys who didn't turn the ball over all year, that's a complete lack of focus no doubt about it, but no one wants to fumble the football. It was a debacle. Embarrassing to say the least, but also a ridiculous and completely unfair situation. Pretty sad that it basically ruined a pretty decent season where lots of good things happened and we scored 40+ points a game against basically everybody, but couldn't score vs. La Tech. Wonder why.

Thank you for this post Mr. K. The team was set up for failure. Period. Lets all step away from the keyboards and the tweeters for a while, and relax. Shout out to the SMU frat bro cursing out Sonny Dykes' name in the restroom in halftime. You sir, are a special kind of special.

Okay, to be fair, most fans for all teams are like this. Heck, the whorens were screaming for Herman to be fired. Maybe it’s a sign that we are becoming more mainstream. Ha. One can dream.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football