PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Disaster

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Disaster

Postby smuhype » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Vegas has this completely wrong.

Non-competitive.

Did not cover the OVER --- F both teams.
smuhype
Junior Varsity

Re: Disaster

Postby ponyboy101 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Disappointed in the players
ponyboy101
Recruit

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:01 am

We easily had the talent to beat the [deleted] out of the Techy hillbillies but we weren’t prepared. We had coaching drama (Jeff Traylor for Head Coach) and we brought in a coach that’s hardly making waves. Vegas couldn’t measure how badly unprepared we were for this game.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:We easily had the talent to beat the [deleted] out of the Techy hillbillies but we weren’t prepared. We had coaching drama (Jeff Traylor for Head Coach) and we brought in a coach that’s hardly making waves. Vegas couldn’t measure how badly unprepared we were for this game.

Plus it was on ESPN and the only game in town tonight. Really bad for recruiting but I guess you can promise some immediate PT.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:33 am

ReedFrawg wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:We easily had the talent to beat the [deleted] out of the Techy hillbillies but we weren’t prepared. We had coaching drama (Jeff Traylor for Head Coach) and we brought in a coach that’s hardly making waves. Vegas couldn’t measure how badly unprepared we were for this game.

Plus it was on ESPN and the only game in town tonight. Really bad for recruiting but I guess you can promise some immediate PT.

Yeah sadly that’s what we’ve been selling to recruits for like 20 years lol.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:37 am

It’s not like we have they have freshmen or redshirts beasting consistently so that line rings pretty hollow by now
Last edited by SMUer on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:28 am

Yeah right......where? What game were you watching? Their OL was better, their DL, LB's & DB's better, QB better, RB's a wash. Our WR's were better, but that's it.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustang1980 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 am

footballdad wrote:

Yeah right......where? What game were you watching? Their OL was better, their DL, LB's & DB's better, QB better, RB's a wash. Our WR's were better, but that's it.

Hell, Hicks could have had Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, and Julio Jones as WRs, and he'd STILL be short hopping knuckle balls in their general directions - MAYBE!!

The greatest blessing is that Coach Meyer was not alive to witness this embarrassment. 'Scuse me, I need to go throw up again. I'm almost down to my toenails.

Also, Spring ball and Fall camp need to be conducted down in Junction, Texas. No pads, and I'll leave now to go seed the practice fields with several tons of goat head stickers. I'm thinking that's what it will take to find out who really wants to play and be WINNERS!
The Sun Rises in St. Simons!
Mustang1980
Junior Varsity

Postby RI Stang » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 am

Where is all of this talent that you speak of? Other than the perfect storm for the Houston game last year (no Big 12, Herman clearly leaving, etc), who did we beat with Chad's guys? We were extremely lucky to be bowl eligible this year with a number of games breaking just right. I'm missing where all of this talent is - seems a .500 CUSA team had a lot more talent than us.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby SMUGradCox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:47 am

Dude stop trying to tie everything back to your thesis that the Sonny Dykes hire was bad.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:52 am

Mustang1980 wrote:
footballdad wrote:

Hell, Hicks could have had Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, and Julio Jones as WRs, and he'd STILL be short hopping knuckle balls in their general directions - MAYBE!!

The greatest blessing is that Coach Meyer was not alive to witness this embarrassment. 'Scuse me, I need to go throw up again. I'm almost down to my toenails.

Also, Spring ball and Fall camp need to be conducted down in Junction, Texas. No pads, and I'll leave now to go seed the practice fields with several tons of goat head stickers. I'm thinking that's what it will take to find out who really wants to play and be WINNERS!

Team would probably just sneak off to Kerrville/San Antonio/Fredericksburg and party every night
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby geno » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 am

I think part of the problem was that our players looked on LaTech the way you do here..."beat the () out of the TECHY HILLBILLIES..." That kind of arrogance will get you beat anytime.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 am

Mustang1980 wrote:

Amen to that. I hope HCSD makes blood run when spring ball starts. Time to separate those who want to be here and those who are just looking for a free ride.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:57 am

geno wrote:

I think part of the problem was that our players looked on LaTech the way you do here..."beat the () out of the TECHY HILLBILLIES..." That kind of arrogance will get you beat anytime.

Like the people pencilling in North Texas as a win next year... I would imagine they will be much improved and thinking about the SMU game with its first year head coach all offseason.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

redpony wrote:
Mustang1980 wrote:

Amen to that. I hope HCSD makes blood run when spring ball starts. Time to separate those who want to be here and those who are just looking for a free ride.

What happened last night may be a good thing in that it got Sonny extra fired up to clean house come spring
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football