PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Silver Linings

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Silver Linings

Postby horsemanx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Coach Dykes got a lot of good film to analyze to make improvements for next season and to teach the team some lessons
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby oilpony » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Mustang1980 wrote:
redpony wrote:we learned that hicks is not a leader- just a whiner. Hope HCSD cleans house with the losers who did not come to play last night. Feel sorry for those who really gave an effort as their teammates let them down.

BINGO!!! That I already knew. Pity one of LaTech's LB/Safety blitzes didn't concuss Hicks, and force SD to get an early preview of another QB.

Does the FB staff still run Mustang Reminders for the F-offs ??? Or, does that constitute "Cruel & Unusual" in today's world?

You wish one of the La Tech players would have knocked Hicks out? That’s pretty sick. I’m guessing you don’t have kids
oilpony
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

I’m hoping he’s drunk or just so red blood mad about the game that he’s saying thing he doesn’t mean. Surely no level headed person actually wishes that.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ozfan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Never criticise a player until you have laced on his cleats.
Sent from my KOREAN knockoff using Tapdance 5
ozfan
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 pm

To wish ill upon a player just because he fails to perform is simply vile. If you don't like the way a particular player plays you can simply hope that the coach sees the same deficiencies you see and plays someone else instead.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MV pony » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am

It gave our conference mates and other SMU haters a good laugh. In fact some of their quips were really funny, lol funny.
MV pony
All-American

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I rewatched part of it last night (I was at the game and wanted to see what was said on TV). Felt bad for Sonny. There was a lot of hope and optimism at first, especially in his pre game interview. Even several minutes into the game when we were only down by 7, there was still a lot of excitement from our side and Sonny. Then the doors were blown wide open, and you could tell he realized it was a huge mistake.

It was kind of funny how they were hyping the SMU offense, Ben Hicks, and Sonny, before the game. If you don’t follow SMU and watched that intro, then the first half, you would have been thinking wtf. Watching it from the beginning, knowing the outcome, I got a good chuckle. You can rewatch it on the ESPN 360/Watch ESPN app.

Nobody will remember this game next year though. I was glad Sonny took a risk and decided to help out, but he should have been more clear that he was just an observer for this game. ESPN made it seem like he was coaching the game.

A little disappointed I finally talked my brother into going to an SMU game with me for the first time I n a few years and that happened (he says SMU games are too depressing). He stayed until the half after driving 2 hours to get there. Might be a while before he goes to another.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Man I don’t know how you could rewatch it. Seeing it in person with virtually a full SMU side was beyond deflating. I can’t even watch other bowl games knowing that ours is going to be the worst of the season. You’re brave soul.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Julian Grendel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 pm

SMU21TCU10 wrote:I rewatched part of it last night (I was at the game and wanted to see what was said on TV). Felt bad for Sonny. There was a lot of hope and optimism at first, especially in his pre game interview. Even several minutes into the game when we were only down by 7, there was still a lot of excitement from our side and Sonny. Then the doors were blown wide open, and you could tell he realized it was a huge mistake.

It was kind of funny how they were hyping the SMU offense, Ben Hicks, and Sonny, before the game. If you don’t follow SMU and watched that intro, then the first half, you would have been thinking wtf. Watching it from the beginning, knowing the outcome, I got a good chuckle. You can rewatch it on the ESPN 360/Watch ESPN app.

Nobody will remember this game next year though. I was glad Sonny took a risk and decided to help out, but he should have been more clear that he was just an observer for this game. ESPN made it seem like he was coaching the game.

A little disappointed I finally talked my brother into going to an SMU game with me for the first time I n a few years and that happened (he says SMU games are too depressing). He stayed until the half after driving 2 hours to get there. Might be a while before he goes to another.
The last paragraph happens way too often and is the answer when people ask what's up with smu attendance, why can't smu attract the casual fan, and why the masses don't turn out for 6-6,7-5 etc
Julian Grendel
Junior Varsity

Postby Black Horseshoe » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Julian Grendel wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:I rewatched part of it last night (I was at the game and wanted to see what was said on TV). Felt bad for Sonny. There was a lot of hope and optimism at first, especially in his pre game interview. Even several minutes into the game when we were only down by 7, there was still a lot of excitement from our side and Sonny. Then the doors were blown wide open, and you could tell he realized it was a huge mistake.

The last paragraph happens way too often and is the answer when people ask what's up with smu attendance, why can't smu attract the casual fan, and why the masses don't turn out for 6-6,7-5 etc

Chad war crimed us too often
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Black Horseshoe wrote:
Julian Grendel wrote:

Chad war crimed us too often

Exactly, too many prison rapes.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Silver lining: After this, anything Dykes accomplishes will make him a hero.

Other silver lining: If the game were a day later the kids would have all been stuck in this morning's Love Field disaster.

Also: It didn't rain.

That's all I got.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby Fooball » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:51 pm

We only lost the second half 9-0.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Fooball
Junior Varsity

Postby WildHorse » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm

mustangxc wrote:I am jealous. I got to see Lance McIlhenny and Mike Ford. Sadly ED jetted before halftime so I never got to see him lol!
Sounds like the day SMU retired/honored his jersey and he took off right after halftime.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:10 pm

WildHorse wrote:
mustangxc wrote:I am jealous. I got to see Lance McIlhenny and Mike Ford. Sadly ED jetted before halftime so I never got to see him lol!
Sounds like the day SMU retired/honored his jersey and he took off right after halftime.

He sticks around when we are winning but losing frustrates him more than most on this board.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football