PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Traylor for HC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Traylor for HC

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 pm

mrydel wrote:With the exception of Frost, who has the nation’s only unbeaten team, is there another head coach that stayed to coach his bowl game after signing with another school? I do not fault Morris for leaving for a better job, nor for leaving before the bowl game. I do fault Traylor who agreed to stay as interim and then abandoned the team after not getting the head coaching job.

I saw several bowl games this past week with interims on the side line.

Yes, but not at SMU, that is the whole point of this discussion.

In your own words you called traylor a quitter and said backing out on one’s word to finish a temp job is low.

You don't think this reflects poorly on chad??? we all know if chad asks traylor to jump (especially given the timing of all this...an opportunity to become a SEC asst coach) traylor's response is 'how high'.

traylor is not a free man who can act on his own whims. He works for chad and is a reflection of the chad 'family'.

No way chad gets absolved of this.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Your opinion vs mine. You say Chad told Traylor to leave. I say Traylor left out of spite.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

mrydel wrote:Your opinion vs mine. You say Chad told Traylor to leave. I say Traylor left out of spite.

I NEVER said chad told traylor to leave, where did you get that nonsense? You are misunderstanding me.

What I'm saying is chad as HC of traylor at both SMU and arkie had complete control over traylor's behavior and allowed all this BS to happen. If he does not have complete control over such a cowardly act of quitting (<<< your words, not mine, although I agree) on his 'family' after committing to do so, then chad has other issues.
SoCal_Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

mrydel wrote:Your opinion vs mine. You say Chad told Traylor to leave. I say Traylor left out of spite.

Likely some truth in both theories.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:15 pm

footballdad wrote:
Stallion wrote:That would be zero.

There are no other soon to be former Coaches coaching in a bowl game except Todd Graham who doesn't have another team to coach. It really exposes the lack of understanding of college football on this board. Frost fits exactly within one of the rare exceptions where it ever happens. A G5 Coach staying on to coach team in an unbeaten dream season playing in the Access Bowl especially when the season of the hiring school is over.

Everybody understands just perfectly. NOBODY expected Morris to stay, everybody expected Traylor to stay to fulfill his commitment as interim coach for the bowl game. Simple

True colors of both revealed.

Absolutely correct , Dad !!! Hey FYI - you know it is possible to love and support SMU without drinking
Chad's or any other coach's Kool- Aid !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football