PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Traylor for HC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Traylor for HC

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Probably more mad because SMU didn’t appreciate the coaches enough to pay them $4M and give them contracts for life-terms. Coaches>>University
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 pm

mrydel wrote:I really have no problem with Morris since Traylor was left to handle it. Traylor leaving and doing so out of spite for not being named head coach was a low rent move.

You are more generous than me.

He worked for cm at SMU with all the bs talk about 'family'.

He is going to work for cm again at arkie, where once again they will spew this 'family' bs.

One would think cm as his boss both at SMU and arkie would say....'traylor, do the right thing and honor your word to our 'family'.

Both of their characters were revealed.
SoCal_Pony

Postby btom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:09 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:One would think cm as his boss both at SMU and arkie would say....'traylor, do the right thing and honor your word to our 'family'.

Both of their characters were revealed.

That was my thought on this whole fiasco exactly. If Morris cared at all, he would have said, “Traylor, you have a job waiting for you as soon as you finish the job we started in Dallas. Get that bowl win for the kids and come on to Arkansas the next morning.”
btom

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:17 am

I agree! The fact that Morris was his boss at SMU and now at Arkansas makes Morris partially responsible for this gutless move.
mustangxc

Postby ericdickerson4life » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 pm

This is exactly what passed me off about the transition. If Morris was really about family and caring about the young men then this is what you do. In fact I wouldn’t hire him at Arkansas if he refused to coach the game. Complete BS. I’d be super pissed if I was a player or a parent of a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:12 pm

"It's all about these kids" lol
ALEX LIFESON

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:24 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:"It's all about these kids" lol

Never fell for CM's B.S. ! It is comforting to know that sooner or later guys like him end up
paying the price for their deceitful behavior.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:42 am

With the exception of Frost, who has the nation’s only unbeaten team, is there another head coach that stayed to coach his bowl game after signing with another school? I do not fault Morris for leaving for a better job, nor for leaving before the bowl game. I do fault Traylor who agreed to stay as interim and then abandoned the team after not getting the head coaching job.

I saw several bowl games this past week with interims on the side line.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby footballdad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:07 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:"It's all about these kids" lol

Never fell for CM's B.S. ! It is comforting to know that sooner or later guys like him end up
paying the price for their deceitful behavior.

+1

Amazing how many people fall for his used car salesman/whataburger/'family'/preacher act.
Last edited by footballdad on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm

That would be zero.

There are no other soon to be former Coaches coaching in a bowl game except Todd Graham who doesn't have another team to coach. It really exposes the lack of understanding of college football on this board. Frost fits exactly within one of the rare exceptions where it ever happens. A G5 Coach staying on to coach team in an unbeaten dream season playing in the Access Bowl especially when the season of the hiring school is over.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby footballdad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Stallion wrote:That would be zero.

There are no other soon to be former Coaches coaching in a bowl game except Todd Graham who doesn't have another team to coach. It really exposes the lack of understanding of college football on this board. Frost fits exactly within one of the rare exceptions where it ever happens. A G5 Coach staying on to coach team in an unbeaten dream season playing in the Access Bowl especially when the season of the hiring school is over.

Everybody understands just perfectly. NOBODY expected Morris to stay, everybody expected Traylor to stay to fulfill his commitment as interim coach for the bowl game. Simple

True colors of both revealed.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Nacho » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Good riddance to Chad
Nacho

Postby stc9 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm

mrydel wrote:With the exception of Frost, who has the nation’s only unbeaten team, is there another head coach that stayed to coach his bowl game after signing with another school? I do not fault Morris for leaving for a better job, nor for leaving before the bowl game. I do fault Traylor who agreed to stay as interim and then abandoned the team after not getting the head coaching job.

I saw several bowl games this past week with interims on the side line.

There has to be more to this story. Even though he had a job to go to with CM, walking out after he accepted the Interim job is the kind of thing that can follow him. It sure as hell makes him look like a dickbag. Any school that interviews him for a job later will ask about this. It's not like SD / RH don't know people too and can make sure the uncomfortable questions get asked. If he was planning on going to Arkansas all along (assuming he didn't get the HC job), he wouldn't have taken the Interim tag without speaking to CM first. This begs another question why would CM pull Traylor out, but allow the WRs coach to come back and work the game?

There is more to this story, we'll probably never know it, but there has to be more to the story.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby mtrout » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Chad might be the most overrated coach in college football. We paid him 6mil to get shoved in a locker during the frisco bowl. Espn primteime.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:08 pm

mtrout wrote:Chad might be the most overrated coach in college football. We paid him 6mil to get shoved in a locker during the frisco bowl. Espn primteime.

No one got shoved into a locker room other than coach Ben Hicks and some graduate assistant. If we had won that game it would be monumentally embarassing to LA Tech and their coach. We had literally no one of coaching value there.

Now seeing people’s comments and thinking about it, it was pretty low to accept the interim coach and leave. Unless SMU told him to leave (maybe because he was trying to recruit current and prospective players), he did the most classless thing to leave and not try to coach a win. It seems a bit immature but oh well. It is what it is.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football