PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TREY QUINN IS GONE!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TREY QUINN IS GONE!

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:21 pm

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: TREY QUINN IS GONE!

Postby BIGHORSE » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Not surprised, represent S.M.U. well in the N.F.L
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Hope it works out for him. Would think it better to see what his draft stock would be before committing, but best success and thanks for the season.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Xavier Castille come home!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

He proved himself this season. I do not think he could increase his stock anymore by returning. I wish him the best.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote: Xavier Castille come home!

That hope is up in smoke
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Not investing in the only real asset the SMU football program had has consequences

Trey Quinn, Mike Woods, Tre Allison, Silas Robinson for starters-how much are they worth
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:43 pm

i guess we just got a little more terrible for next season
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Stallion wrote:Not investing in the only real asset the SMU football program had has consequences

Trey Quinn, Mike Woods, Tre Allison, Silas Robinson for starters-how much are they worth

Sonny Dykes landed us a Juco that will have more impact than the OT we lost. There is an excellent chance Trey Quinn would have gone to the NFL anyway. Keep repeating myths and maybe some will believe you. There is no question that there is player/recruiting attrition after a coaching change, but you are trying to make it seem like we were set up to win the conference and will now be terrible. This is a mid tier team with or without those players. Keep building and move on.
mustangxc

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Blowhards gonna blow....hard
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Pony81 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Even if Chad had stayed, Trey would have gone pro. He is leaving at the top of his game. More college ball only exposes him to downside from learning a new offense and staff to no longer having Courtland pulling defenders away.

As for losing Chad, I predicted at the beginning of the year that if he went 7-5 that he would be calling the Hogs. UA needs his Texas recruiting and Chad wants to get back to big time P5 like he had a Clemson. We just can't offer the atmosphere, opportunity to compete at the highest levels, or opportunity for his staff to get known and advance. Most HC opportunities aren't pulling coordinators away from G5 schools. So he was gone. But as it has been said many times - its a good thing since we have had some modicum of success.
Chad did a great job. He took the worst team in college football and made them respectable. He also knew that Quinn was gone, Courtland was gone, defense would continue to be horrible, and the schedule was harder - this was his year to make hay and he did.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby ponyinNC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Stallion wrote:Not investing in the only real asset the SMU football program had has consequences

I usually defer to your experience, but I have to say your butt-hurt with Morris leaving is getting old. He left for an SEC job. Period. No amount of money or fans was going to keep him here. Even if we packed Ford, that is 30k fans. SEC stadiums hold 60-90k. We paid him top dollar for G5 - he left for almost twice what we could ever offer.

I understand you think Morris was our Ron Meyer, but you are deluded to think we could ever keep him under the current FBS landscape.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:10 pm

No, the worst team in FBS in 2015 was UCF at 0-12. They are now 12-0. Their rebuild takes 2 years. Ours takes 42 years.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Coach Cliché put his feet up on his desk after getting that sixth win against Tulsa. At that point in his mind he had turned the program around. In reality he massively under-recruited this roster defensively and hired a DC in Malone that almost wrecked his P5 head coaching dream. We are only marginally better defensively than we were at any point under June Jones. Some of the more heralded defensive recruits (Spears, Badejo, McLaurin) are getting essentially zero playing time. Either he and his staff couldn't identify real talent or they suck at developing it. This will be his downfall at Arky b/c the SEC doesn't have a schedule full of Arkansas State, NTSU, and UCONN.

Chad served his purpose but he was essentially a high energy East Texas version of June Jones that used twitter instead of an overhead projector. All that coach speak and high school rah rah nonsense will give him a one year grace period before the hillbillies come out of the woodwork with their pitchforks.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Trey was a huge impact player. I’ll never forget the 4th and 26 conversion against Cincy. While he only played one season, he’s as much as a mustang as anyone. I wish him the best of luck. It made perfect sense for him to go the draft. He broke records in 1 year and he would need to learn a whole new system and try to maintain same production. I hope he gets a great round pick, which I’m guessing 4th round but is still very good. Cowboys should pick up either Sutton or Quinn in my opinion. Dez is going to be out soon and Williams is a fumble ready to happen. Love to see 2 mustang cowboys.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football