PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCF

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:53 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:If Alabama/Georgia lost, it would be because "they didn't want to be there."

So sick of that excuse every time an SEC team loses a bowl game.

I agree with this 100%! Makes you want to punch every fool that utters it.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby gavinb.harris » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

mtrout wrote:Almost beating the almost national champ means we are competing for championships. Mission accomplished.
. HA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gavinb.harris

Postby footballdad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:04 pm

footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Not uncommon at all for a leaving Coach to coach a Cinderrella team in New Years Day/FBS/Playoff Bowl--in fact its more common than not:

Scott Frost (UCF)
P.J. Fleck (Western Michigan)
Urban Meyer(Utah)
Kirby Smart (Alabama)
Tom Herman (Ohio St))

Should I go on?

Too prove your point that Morris is somehow immoral or unethical show me a similar situation where a 7-5 or 8-4 Coach actually decided to Coach in the Bowl Game. It just doesn't happen when the transition happens weeks before the Bowl game-so if none of you college football experts can come up with a single example then wipe your tears from your eyes and pull-up-your-big boy-britches because every one of you is making a fool of themselves and showing you are ignorant about college football
Last edited by Stallion on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Phxfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm

IMO, all the AAC schools should very publicly, sign or make a statement that acknowledges UCF as National Champions. Other schools should sign if they wish. This would bring more attention to the P-5/G-5 fairness issue, bring more attention to the AAC and the G-5, or maybe P-6. This seems like a good time to highlight the AAC. The more this is in the spotlight, the better.
Phxfan
All-American

Postby No Quarter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 pm

mtrout wrote:Almost beating the almost national champ means we are competing for championships. Mission accomplished.

Sir, IMO you need another negative or disclaimer, viz:

Almost beating the almost national champ means we are competing for ALMOST championships. Mission accomplished.

FIFY.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Stallion wrote:Blah! Blah! Blah!

Not uncommon at all for a leaving Coach to coach a Cinderrella team in New Years Day/FBS/Playoff Bowl--in fact its more common than not:

Scott Frost (UCF)
Urban Meyer(Utah)
Kirby Smart (Alabama)
Tom Herman (Ohio St))

Should I go on?

Too prove your point that Morris is somehow immoral or unethical show me a similar situation where a 7-5 or 8-4 Coach actually decided to Coach in the Bowl Game. It just doesn't happen when the transition happens weeks before the Bowl game-so if none of you college football experts can come up with a single example then wipe your tears from your eyes and pull-up-your-big boy-britches because every one of you is making a fool of themselves and showing you are ignorant about college football

How common is it for the interim coach not to coach the bowl game? Do you have a list of the times that happened?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Scott Frost (UCF)
Urban Meyer(Utah)
Kirby Smart (Alabama)
Tom Herman (Ohio St))

Should I go on?

I don't think there is a similar case because I can't think of a single coach other than Morris that was hired away after such mediocre results. However, there are several examples of coaches bailing on the bowl game so I get your point.

***EDIT*** Dan Hawkins stayed at Boise State to coach the team in the Humanitarian Bowl. I will post if I can find others.
mustangxc

Postby footballdad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

Scott Frost (UCF)
Urban Meyer(Utah)
Kirby Smart (Alabama)
Tom Herman (Ohio St))

Should I go on?

How common is it for the interim coach not to coach the bowl game? Do you have a list of the times that happened?

Bingo! ZERO. Mic Drop!

Morris isn't immoral or unethical because he personally didn't coach in the bowl game, EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THIS AND HAS ACKNOWLEDGED IT as the norm. Morris is unethical and fake just because that's who he is, regardless of all the aw shucks foolishness, that you've fallen for.. hook line and sinker.

Birds of a feather........
Last edited by footballdad on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Oh Boo-HOO

in what year? And what was his record? You forgot to tell everyone.

PS-I already knew the answer Dan Hawkins in 2005 with a Conference Champion sitting at 9-3 at Boise-which is EXACTLY why I phrased the question the way I did.. And he doesn't fit. (But I'll give you credit-I never thought you'd even find the Dan Hawkins example--only 12 years ago).
So basically there is NO EXAMPLE similar to Morris. It is Standard Operating Procedure in the Coaching profession and anyone knowingly suggesting otherwise is an A**Hole
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Stallion wrote:Oh Boo-HOO

PS-I already knew the answer Dan Hawkins in 2005 with a Conference Champion sitting at 9-3 at Boise-which is EXACTLY why I phrased the question the way I did.. And he doesn't fit. (But I'll give you credit-I never thought you'd even find the Dan Hawkins example--only 12 years ago).
So basically there is NO EXAMPLE similar to Morris. It is Standard Operating Procedure in the Coaching profession and anyone knowingly suggesting otherwise is an A**Hole

Lol! You are ridiculous! Have you ever once in your life admitted to being wrong about anything??? Now you claim you knew about the coach I pointed out but because he won the WAC championship he was really playing for something special in the Humanitarian Bowl?? As I stated previously, there is no example comparable to Morris because NO ONE has been hired away off of such mediocre results ever!!! Par for the course that when someone actually finds answers to your questions you call them an [deleted]. No sir, you are the definition of an [deleted]!!!
mustangxc

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Morris not coaching isn't as much an issue as him naming an interim head coach, then pulling him to Arkansas when it didn't go his way. The interim tag generally listed as only if he gets the full time gig. Many times coaches leave without coaching the bowl. The negative was that the assistants were staying, then going without a thought of consequences. It was a lack of class and true consideration of his players, particularly the seniors. I'm glad Morris came and also glad he is no longer here.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm

mustangxc wrote:
Stallion wrote:Oh Boo-HOO

Lol! You are ridiculous! Have you ever once in your life admitted to being wrong about anything??? Now you claim you knew about the coach I pointed out but because he won the WAC championship he was really playing for something special in the Humanitarian Bowl?? As I stated previously, there is no example comparable to Morris because NO ONE has been hired away off of such mediocre results ever!!! Par for the course that when someone actually finds answers to your questions you call them an [deleted]. No sir, you are the definition of an [deleted]!!!

Why do you keep challenging me with obviously ridiculous and incorrect factual assertions? You know I'm going to take your stupid assertions and knock them out of the park.

Frank Broyles 5-4-1 at Missouri when he got Arkansas job
Darrell Royal 5-5 at Washington before he got Texas job (6-4 at Mississippi St before he got Washington job)
Gene Chizak 3-9, 2-10 before he got Auburn job

I literrally could go all nite with examples of coaches who were 7-5 or worse before they got their big job. In less than 2 minutes I came up with the above examples. You don't know about college football. Your 3 year Boom or Bust Theory would have basically wiped out SMU Championship History in football and Basketball for the last 60 years and 14 SMU Championships. It takes a special A**Hole to call a man immoral or unethical for what is simply Standard Operating Procedure in his profession. The departing Head Coach does not name the Interim Head Coach. SMU is 100% in charge of that contractual agreement. That's SMU's problem

Stallion

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:56 pm

I will not defend any position in this debate; however, this is the first time that an early signing date has potentially affected the situation. Would HCCM and staff have stayed the extra 10 days if this signing date had been in February and/or did he need to salvage a desperate AK situation with some key recruits? I tip my hat to Frost who had the courage, loyalty and integrity to handle both the UCF situation and still recruit for Nebraska. Never-the-less, most coaches leave ASAP and never look back.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Morris would not have coached the Frisco Bowl under any circumstance and that is not a knock on him just the way it is in college football.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football