PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCF

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Stallion wrote:
mustangxc wrote:
Stallion wrote:Oh Boo-HOO

in what year? And what was his record? You forgot to tell everyone.

PS-I already knew the answer Dan Hawkins in 2005 with a Conference Champion sitting at 9-3 at Boise-which is EXACTLY why I phrased the question the way I did.. And he doesn't fit. (But I'll give you credit-I never thought you'd even find the Dan Hawkins example--only 12 years ago).
So basically there is NO EXAMPLE similar to Morris. It is Standard Operating Procedure in the Coaching profession and anyone knowingly suggesting otherwise is an A**Hole

Lol! You are ridiculous! Have you ever once in your life admitted to being wrong about anything??? Now you claim you knew about the coach I pointed out but because he won the WAC championship he was really playing for something special in the Humanitarian Bowl?? As I stated previously, there is no example comparable to Morris because NO ONE has been hired away off of such mediocre results ever!!! Par for the course that when someone actually finds answers to your questions you call them an [deleted]. No sir, you are the definition of an [deleted]!!!

Why do you keep challenging me with obviously ridiculous and incorrect factual assertions? You know I'm going to take your stupid assertions and knock them out of the park.

Frank Broyles 5-4-1 at Missouri when he got Arkansas job
Darrell Royal 5-5 at Washington before he got Texas job (6-4 at Mississippi St before he got Washington job)
Gene Chizak 3-9, 2-10 before he got Auburn job

I literrally could go all nite with examples of coaches who were 7-5 or worse before they got their big job. In less than 2 minutes I came up with the above examples. You don't know about college football. Your 3 year Boom or Bust Theory would have basically wiped out SMU Championship History in football and Basketball for the last 60 years and 14 SMU Championships. It takes a special A**Hole to call a man immoral or unethical for what is simply Standard Operating Procedure in his profession. The departing Head Coach does not name the Interim Head Coach. SMU is 100% in charge of that contractual agreement. That's SMU's problem

None of the examples you listed are G5 to P5.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm

This may be the single most entertaining thread I've ever read.
RGV Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 pm

RGV Pony wrote:This may be the single most entertaining thread I've ever read.

You're easily entertained
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

"None of the examples you listed are G5 to P5."

.........and the response is.......waiting.....waiting..... :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 pm

"As I stated previously, there is no example comparable to Morris because NO ONE has been hired away off of such mediocre results ever!!!"

Mario Christobel (Oregon) who was 27-47 at FIU and then Joe Moorhead (Mississippi St) , Jeremy Pruitt (Tennessee) and every coordinator who has ever got a job have never won a SINGLE GAME at the P5 or G5 level when Morris has been the highest paid Coordinator in the Country at the P5 level AND taken his team (+6) in 3 years to a Bowl Game. Dabo Swinney was a Receivers Coach how about that--wasn't even a Coordinator. Same with Art Briles. Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops, Gary Patterson Geez. There is a long list of Coaches who have gotten P5 jobs without checking-off both the nationally recognized Coordinator AND Head Coach boxes like Morris has. Morris was hired off his resume as both a Head Coach and Top national P5 coordinator--not just a G5 to a P5--so that's a distinction without relevance
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

95%+ on this board did not EXPECT chad to coach the Frisco bowl.

Over 50%, myself included, did not WANT chad to coach the Frisco bowl.

The issue is that someone under chad's direct command, both at SMU and arky, made a commitment to be our interim coach, then when he was passed over as a HC, reneged on that commitment. chad did not intervene and tell traylor to honor it. That is the beef with most of us. Why didn't chad tell him to do so?, who knows, but it certainly appears chad simply didn't give a dang.

Final thought - just googled Jeff Traylor. His latest tweet - Proverbs 3.5 'Trust in the Lord with all your Heart'.

Hey Jeff, how about Numbers 30:2 - 'If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth."
SoCal_Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:33 am

Stallion wrote:"As I stated previously, there is no example comparable to Morris because NO ONE has been hired away off of such mediocre results ever!!!"

Mario Christobel (Oregon) who was 27-47 at FIU and then Joe Moorhead (Mississippi St) , Jeremy Pruitt (Tennessee) and every coordinator who has ever got a job have never won a SINGLE GAME at the P5 or G5 level when Morris has been the highest paid Coordinator in the Country at the P5 level AND taken his team (+6) in 3 years to a Bowl Game. Dabo Swinney was a Receivers Coach how about that--wasn't even a Coordinator. Same with Art Briles. Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops, Gary Patterson Geez. There is a long list of Coaches who have gotten P5 jobs without checking-off both the nationally recognized Coordinator AND Head Coach boxes like Morris has. Morris was hired off his resume as both a Head Coach and Top national P5 coordinator--not just a G5 to a P5--so that's a distinction without relevance

So TCU was P5 when Patterson became HC? Wow you truly are a genius in your own world!
mustangxc

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:56 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:This may be the single most entertaining thread I've ever read.

You're easily entertained

:lol: you beat me to it.

I was going to suggest he get out a bit more.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 pm

I don't remember whether Coach Fran coached TCU in their bowl game before Bama hired him but that's not a very good example...unless Fran stayed to coach the bowl game after he was hired by Bama
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Anyway......

Big congrats to both UCF and Scott Frost.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mustangxc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I don't remember whether Coach Fran coached TCU in their bowl game before Bama hired him but that's not a very good example...unless Fran stayed to coach the bowl game after he was hired by Bama

Patterson coached the bowl game.
mustangxc

Postby peruna81 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Could things have been handled better?

Yep. On ALL sides...

Why do things like this persistently happen at SMU?

It is who we are....
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football