PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Arizona fires RichRod

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Arizona fires RichRod

Postby leopold » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:15 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/

Jay Norville, come on doooooowwwwwnnnnn!!
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Arizona fires RichRod

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:39 pm

so Arizona has been conducting an investigation for months-has this been public knowledge?-or were the 16 mid-term signees fraudulently induced to sign. I haven't been following the program but here you possibly have the perfect example of athletes who should be allowed to back out of their LOI
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:45 am

completely agree - its not right to force them to stay there when the admin knew the whole time there would be a change. The timing on this was intentional
gostangs

Postby Phxfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 am

Stallion wrote:so Arizona has been conducting an investigation for months-has this been public knowledge?-or were the 16 mid-term signees fraudulently induced to sign. I haven't been following the program but here you possibly have the perfect example of athletes who should be allowed to back out of their LOI

It was not public knowledge. This thread was the first I heard about it.

http://www.kvoa.com/story/37179118/rich ... sappointed
Phxfan
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:25 am

gostangs wrote:completely agree - its not right to force them to stay there when the admin knew the whole time there would be a change. The timing on this was intentional

The strange part is that they seem to have cleared him of sexual harrassement charges.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby docabel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 am

Strange world indeed that 11 years ago Rodriguez turned down the head coaching job at Alabama. The tide was left scrambling and had to settle on their second choice - Nick Saban.....
docabel
Heisman

Postby White Helmet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Digetydog wrote:
gostangs wrote:completely agree - its not right to force them to stay there when the admin knew the whole time there would be a change. The timing on this was intentional

The strange part is that they seem to have cleared him of sexual harrassement charges.

I think they didn't find enough evidence for that *one* charge...
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 pm

Stallion wrote:so Arizona has been conducting an investigation for months-has this been public knowledge?-or were the 16 mid-term signees fraudulently induced to sign. I haven't been following the program but here you possibly have the perfect example of athletes who should be allowed to back out of their LOI

I think under the new rules they can back out of the LOI if they want if the coach get fired after they sign. Not totally sure though.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 am

I think its only for a probation that results in the loss of a chance to go to the postseason based on the remaining years of eligibility. So if it is a 2 year probation a Junior or Senior could transfer but I don't believe that applies to a recruit unless released by the university
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Return to Football