PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rhett Lashlee

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Rhett Lashlee

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm

This is a good sign we are not going to run a pure air raid. Sonny went 1-11 his first year at Cal. June went 1-11 here in the R&S. Seems to take a while to get set up, and I think the power spread is a better offense today.
Last edited by Monty_The_Mustang on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm

"In his only season in Storrs, Lashlee improved the Huskies' offense significantly, as UConn jumped from 122nd to 49th in total offense and from 94th to 34th in passing offense."
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby OLfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Stallion wrote:2017
UCONN: Total Offense: 415 (75th) Scoring 23.6 (103rd)

Auburn: Total Offense: 441 (43rd) Scoring 31.2 (49th)

2015:
Auburn: Total Offense: 370 (75th) Scoring 27.5 (54th)

salary at UCONN $350,000 after taking big pay-cut to leave Auburn where he earned $600,000

So, he took a $250k pay cut to leave Auburn for the same position at UCONN?
OLfan
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Nice hire. I am excited!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm

OLfan wrote:

2015:

salary at UCONN $350,000 after taking big pay-cut to leave Auburn where he earned $600,000

He wanted to call plays/grow as a coach. Gus mostly did that at Auburn.

Don't pay attention to anything Stallion says anyway. He's just cherry picking anything he can to make Morris and Craddock look better, and Dykes look worse because he's a bitter old azzhole that can't move on. He basically has to run here to try and do that now because the 24/7 board has called him out for all his ridiculous nonsense.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Hope we can do as well or better with our DC. That side of the ball needs much more attention than the O.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
OLfan wrote:

2015:

He wanted to call plays/grow as a coach. Gus mostly did that at Auburn.

Don't pay attention to anything Stallion says anyway. He's just cherry picking anything he can to make Morris and Craddock look better, and Dykes look worse because he's a bitter old azzhole that can't move on. He basically has to run here to try and do that now because the 24/7 board has called him out for all his ridiculous nonsense.

He can run but he can't hide. I'm sure the Hogs faithful just LOVE him on their boards, as he spews fantastical stories of the Morris awesomeness! :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Seems like a really great hire. Great pedigree working for Malzahn.

From "SamHouston" and "pesik" on the coogfans.com board:

SH: The guy at the top of my list is Rhett Lashlee. He's been with Malzahn for years and was OC at Auburn before leaving of his own volition to become OC at UConn. The Huskies were something like #122 in offense in '16 and under Lashlee improved to something like #51--a huge jump despite little talent. He runs the read option like Malzahn and Applewhite with a good passing game. He's an Arkansas native who might be willing to leave the Northeast for the Gulf Coast.

P: he was going to be fired at auburn, everyone knew that is why he took the uconn job.

SH: Lashlee didn't move because he was going to be fired. He moved for the same reason Holgerson moved from Tech. He wasn't really the OC; the head coach was. In one year he worked wonders at UConn and runs an offense very compatible with what Applewhite is looking for. Again my first choice is Lashlee. I think he'd be ideal.

P: Lashlee took over the play calling duties in three games into 2016 and for the rest of the year (which was a bad year)..lashee was on the hot seat not from malzahn but from the adminstration. they wanted a change on offense. most auburn fans were happy when he left and he didnt work wonders for uconn, uconn was a traditional prostyle. he runs an uptempo spread, anyone making that switch even if its bad will see a huge spike in offensive production on tempo alone. Lashlee isnt a bad pick but you are hyping him into something he isnt

SH: I still think Lashlee would be a homerun. I don't care what offense he switched UConn to. Moving up 70-something spots in offense is an major accomplishment

Pesik:
uconn in 2017- #17 nationally in plays per game
uconn in 2016- #102 nationally in plays per game
you don't seem to get the aspect of more yards doesn't mean better...especially when you are doubling the amount of plays you run per game. your homerun OC is a guy who the fans at his old job wanted fired for lack of production, and new job struggled to score 20 points a game this season.

SH: With a talentless offense they scored 10 points more per game under Lashlee. I guess I don't get that scoring more points isn't a good thing either. I think he'd be a good hire. If you don't, that's fine.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:51 pm

ponyinNC wrote:let us finally put to bed the "we aren't committed to paying top coaches" nonsense

this is a very good hire, and I am sure we beat many P5 programs for his services.

Hold on. We don’t know how much Dykes is getting from us. He might have an enhanced budget because Cal is subsidizing his salary. If Cal was able to lower the buyout, I’m sure there would be an announcement.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
ponyinNC wrote:let us finally put to bed the "we aren't committed to paying top coaches" nonsense

this is a very good hire, and I am sure we beat many P5 programs for his services.

Hold on. We don’t know how much Dykes is getting from us. He might have an enhanced budget because Cal is subsidizing his salary. If Cal was able to lower the buyout, I’m sure there would be an announcement.

He's being paid the same as Morris. Stop this nonsense
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:04 pm

2015:

The Uconn offense improved by 100+ points over the prior season. Considering the [deleted] poor talent they had, it was an amazing job.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUGradCox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:

You might be the most negative poster on Pony Fans.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby No Quarter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Blunt Pony wrote:But wait, he ditched his kids after 1 year!! What a jerk, traitor, doesn't care about his kids, what about his commitment...

:wink: It is a big bad world out there in coaching.

Welcome to the Hilltop Coach!

Who would not rather live / work in America?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

He's being paid the same as Morris. Stop this nonsense

Source? If anything, I would give a round of applause if they only paid Dykes let's say $500k and he was guaranteed like what $2.5m that Cal would have to still pay $2.0M.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:43 pm

SMUGradCox wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

You might be the most negative poster on Pony Fans.

Okay no offense, but how in the hell is the above statement negative... Like I said to BoP, it would actually deserve a round of applause if we had Cal subsidize our football program.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football