PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who's our DC Coach, nowm

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who's our DC Coach, nowm

Postby numero_uno » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:52 am

numero_uno
Junior Varsity

Re: Who's our DC Coach, nowm

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 am

I’m a little disappointed that this was the big name being kept secret. Why on earth would Sonny think he would leave GP, who he was been with for a long time, to take less money to come coach at SMU? If he was going to leave for the chance to call his own plays, I’m sure he would wait for a P5.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

It was fair attempt. Patterson is the real DC at TCU, he wants to run his own defense.
Anyway we needed something to keep the rivalry alive, Chad couldn't beat them.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ebrooks11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 am

Monty_The_Mustang wrote:I’m a little disappointed that this was the big name being kept secret. Why on earth would Sonny think he would leave GP, who he was been with for a long time, to take less money to come coach at SMU? If he was going to leave for the chance to call his own plays, I’m sure he would wait for a P5.

Like oklahoma state which conveniently just came open.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby redpony » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 am

not to worry- we don't need a D. just score first and every time we have the ball.
No immediate backup solution. can you say 'june jones the second'? I knew you could.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am

Mexmustang wrote:It was fair attempt. Patterson is the real DC at TCU, he wants to run his own defense.
Anyway we needed something to keep the rivalry alive, Chad couldn't beat them.

I agree completely. Good points , Mex !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:15 pm

redpony wrote:not to worry- we don't need a D. just score first and every time we have the ball.
No immediate backup solution. can you say 'june jones the second'? I knew you could.

Sonny may have missed on the DC, but he is cerntainly not JJ the second from everything we have seen so far. If he starts a true freshman QB next year over Hicks and Peavy, and refuses to do anything but the pure air raid then you might have an argument.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Monty_The_Mustang wrote:I’m a little disappointed that this was the big name being kept secret. Why on earth would Sonny think he would leave GP, who he was been with for a long time, to take less money to come coach at SMU? If he was going to leave for the chance to call his own plays, I’m sure he would wait for a P5.

Where are you getting "less money" from?
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Black Horseshoe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:

He’s drinking from the Stallion:Redpony stupid cup
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:13 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:

Someone on another site said we offered him less than what he makes at TCU. Maybe that isn’t true, but I doubt we offered a mil plus.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Digetydog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Monty_The_Mustang wrote:
mavsrage311 wrote:

Someone on another site said we offered him less than what he makes at TCU. Maybe that isn’t true, but I doubt we offered a mil plus.

It should be noted that the Oklahoma State DC was recently let go. Since TCU runs a similar defense to OSU's, he will probably be a top candidate for that job.
Last edited by Digetydog on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:33 pm

If you’re into stats, new DC at UA led a D that was only two spots higher than OSU last year. Could do worse and have in the past
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby ponyboy101 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 am

Wouldn’t be surprised if we dipped into the FCS and maybe tried to hire one of the top DC’s from there considering we missed on our top 2 targets
ponyboy101
Recruit

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:

It’s probably a safe assumption that with a P5 money budget that TCU would offer more than a G5 school like us.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Black Horseshoe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
mavsrage311 wrote:

It’s probably a safe assumption that with a P5 money budget that TCU would offer more than a G5 school like us.

You and Stallion are actually the same - wanting to spend other people’s money and [deleted] when it’s not enough
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Next

Return to Football