PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who's our DC Coach, nowm

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who's our DC Coach, nowm

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Black Horseshoe wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
mavsrage311 wrote:
Where are you getting "less money" from?

It’s probably a safe assumption that with a P5 money budget that TCU would offer more than a G5 school like us.

You and Stallion are actually the same - wanting to spend other people’s money and [deleted] when it’s not enough

No, I just stated an obvious fact... please refute it if there’s a fallacy with it. If anything, I’m not making up fake notions that we can compete with P5 budgets. It’s called being realistic. Don’t mistake our two different thoughts. Stallion is upset that we didn’t pony up the funds and pay market rate. I’m saying we don’t have the ability to.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Well that was a weird rambling post even by your standards.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Well that was a weird rambling post even by your standards.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 pm

So last week someone repeatedly calls our basketball players "gutless cowards" and now someone makes an accusation that a former QB of having a male lover. NTTIAWWT. Classy
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 am

L
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby ozfan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 am

Mexmustang wrote:
Monty_The_Mustang wrote:
redpony wrote:not to worry- we don't need a If he starts a true freshman QB next year over Hicks and Peavy, and refuses to do anything but the pure air raid then you might have an argument.

Not sure what you are trying to say. I hope we've seen the last of Hicks as a starter. Hicks was showed up by practically every opposing quarterback we played and his temperament during the bowl game demonstrated to many of us he is not the guy we should have starting. June benched his upperclassman because the other players refused to play with a player they felt cost their prior coach his job when he had a fight and couldn't travel to UTEP, a win that would have given Bennett another year. And in particular because he had a catfight with his male lover. We hire coaches to select their starters not fan boards, we should let Sonny make that decision. But the over/under on the number of Hicks starts is now less than 1.

It has been many years since I have lived in Texas but I am sure the slander laws have not changed that much. You sure you can prove what you put in print.
Sent from my KOREAN knockoff using Tapdance 5
ozfan
All-American

Postby redpony » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm

if anyone is referring to my post please read the original. what has been posted in the monty the mustang makes no sense and is not what was originally posted.
Please if you copy and paste or edit a post make sure you do it correctly.
redpony

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm

redpony wrote:if anyone is referring to my post please read the original. what has been posted in the monty the mustang makes no sense and is not what was originally posted.
Please if you copy and paste or edit a post make sure you do it correctly.

No, your post is fine. The issue is with MexMustang's post. In addition, he is the one who messed up the quotes.
mustangxc

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Is this necessary?
Bergermeister

Postby redpony » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm

no bergey- not necessary. we are just filling in space while waiting on the illustrious announcement of our new one-in-a-million DC.
redpony

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 pm

redpony wrote:no bergey- not necessary. we are just filling in space while waiting on the illustrious announcement of our new one-in-a-million DC.

I heard that RGT nixed our second choice as DC
smupony94

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Mexmustang wrote: June benched his upperclassman because the other players refused to play with a player they felt cost their prior coach his job when he had a fight and couldn't travel to UTEP, a win that would have given Bennett another year. And in particular because he had a catfight with his male lover.

After a quick stat checck I felt I needed to point out a few minor discrepencies. Phil Bennett's last year as head coach was the 2007 season when SMU went 1-11. June Jones replaced Bennett in 2008. Justin Willis started all 12 games in 2007, including the HOME game against UTEP on Sept 29th, in Ford Stadium. Willis set several school records for passing touchdowns, and also lead the team in rushing yardage (699). The previous year Willis had been named the CUSA Freshman of The Year, and I will include some of his bio from SMU's website, so you can see his stats. When Jones took over Willis was benched, moved to wide receiver, and eventually quit the team.

http://smumustangs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1819

Sophomore (2007): Started all 12 games... An honorable mention All-C-USA selection by the league[apos]s coaches... Co-winner of the team[apos]s Wild Horse Club Award along with Emmanuel Sanders... Threw for 2,944 yards and 25 TDs on 242-of-414 passing... His 25 TD passes rank second all-time at SMU in a season to his 26-TD effort in 2006... Had four of the all-time top 15 single-game total offense efforts in school history - Memphis (489), UNT (435), Houston (402) and Tulane (369)... Set a new single-season total offense record with 3,643 yards... His 2,944 yards passing is third-best ever in a season at SMU... Became the first SMU player since 1994 to pass for over 100 yards and run for 100 yards with a 375/114 performance at Memphis in the season finale... Had four-passing TD games against Arkansas State, Rice and Memphis... Had a career-long 48-yard TD run against the Tigers as well; Freshman (2006): Picked as the Conference USA Freshman of the Year by the league[apos]s coaches and media and the C-USA Offensive Freshman of the Year by the Houston Chronicle... Named a third-team Freshman All-American by The Sporting News... Was an All-Freshman Conference USA pick by the coaches, the media and the Houston Chronicle... Co-winner of the James Bradley 'New Mustang' award for consistent play along with Bryan McCann and Emmanuel Sanders... Named SMU[apos]s Offensive MVP... Completed 182 of 270 pass attempts on the year for 2,047 yards with 26 TDs and just six interceptions... Had a breakout game against Sam Houston, throwing scoring tosses to five different receivers and adding a two-yard touchdown run... Started the SHSU game by completing 13 consecutive passes, tying the second-longest streak in school history... Finished with a 94.7 percent completion percentage (18-of-19) to set a new school mark and tie the C-USA record... His six TDs accounted-for also tied a school record... Followed up the SHSU win with a four-TD performance against Arkansas State to total nine TD passes in two games, setting an SMU record for TD passes in consecutive games... Had three 4-plus-TD-pass games (SHSU 5, ASU 4, Marshall 4), setting new SMU season and career records... Threw 26 TD passes on the season, setting a new SMU record for TD passes in a season... Compiled a 158.4 passing efficiency rating to rank second in Conference USA and 10th in the entire NCAA... His 67.4% completion rate set a new school record... Just missed his first career 300-yard game, throwing for 299 yards against Houston... Ranked second on the team in rushing with 354 yards... Accounted for 29 TDs (26 pass, 3 run) in 2006 - the most in SMU history - and his 2,401 yards of total offense rank as fourth-most ever in a season at SMU... Was responsible for 16.4 ppg, sixth-best in the entire NCAA; 2005: Redshirted;

Perhaps it's just me, but that resume doesnt sound like the rest of the team refused to play with him. In 2008 his touchdown catch against Southern Miss tied him with Ramon Flanigan for the most touchdowns in school history.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm

smupony94 wrote:
redpony wrote:no bergey- not necessary. we are just filling in space while waiting on the illustrious announcement of our new one-in-a-million DC.

I heard that RGT nixed our second choice as DC

Gary Andersen was the first choice and Chad Glasgow was the second choice right?
mustangxc

Postby MadJack » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Guess it is time to call Glenn Spencer recently of Ok State. No other big jobs out there for him to pursue, why not take the money from SMU?
MadJack
Scout Team

Postby btom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Nobody has any inkling of potential DC’s? I hate being in the dark like this. Especially with a big Campus Visit set for this Friday. You would think we’d have a top 5 target list at least.
btom

PreviousNext

Return to Football