PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Short honeymoon

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Short honeymoon

Postby mrydel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Sorry about posting about Arkansas and Morris but I get no local SMU news, only Arkansas.

I am already hearing rumblings about Morris after a couple of commits this weekend. One three star linebacker with offers from McNeese St, Houston Baptist, and Georgetown (I did not know they had a FB team), has raised some eyebrows concerning his recruiting. The other commit, I believe, just had some interest and few if any offers.

Others are complaining about all the cutesy tweeting.

I still believe he is a good fit for UA and will be successful but you don’t want the fan base to turn on you until at least you have lost a few games. And this is a nasty minded fan base.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Short honeymoon

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Duck him
One Trick Pony

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Will be a big learning experience for him if he is fired in 5 years, and in the meantime Sonny is killing it at SMU.

I’m interested to see how he does there. I could see it going either way.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

mrydel wrote:I still believe he is a good fit for UA and will be successful but you don’t want the fan base to turn on you until at least you have lost a few games. And this is a nasty minded fan base.

I am surprised it took this long, actually.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby horsemanx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Full tilt boogie!!!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

It’s possible they drop one of North Texas, Colorado State, Eastern Illinois, and Tulsa, next year. Fans wouldn’t be too happy about that.
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 pm

that same LB Andrew Parker with a meager visit list just scheduled a Texas A&M visit for this weekend and has picked up about 4 offers in 2 weeks. He's not a chump-Texas A&M doesn't offer chumps-Arkansas just found him first because Chavis knew about him from LSU. Notre Dame and Nebraska are now snooping around. Once he got his video out he's been blowing up. Morris is kicking [deleted] in recruiting (4 commits in 24 hours) and just about every other commitment either had a visit to a national powerhouse or flipped from a national powerhouse. They are going to finish about Top 35 in average per recruit with a small class of 16-18 which is +45 from where they were. They've still got 3-4 probable flips coming from schools like Texas A&M, OU, Miss St. and leading in a battle for an Auburn target. Plus they just added former Argyle QB Austin Aune (state champ) who was a TCU commit a few years ago but was chosen in the MLB draft and played minor league baseball. TCU had been trying to keep that secret-I even mentioned because I though Dykes might have caught wind of it at TCU. Some fans analysis starts and ends with recruiting stars/scores.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Black Horseshoe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Haven’t seen you in awhile. You hanging out on the Arky boards lately?
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Julian Grendel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Stallion sounds downright giddy about the Hog recruiting haul. Almost as excited as most of us smu fans were with the hiring of Kane.
Julian Grendel
Junior Varsity

Postby etpony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Need to start worrying about SMU and Sonny and stop worrying about Arkansas. You people trashed JJ and Morris and Sonny will be next in line when he leaves in a couple of years. Get over it. Stallion is spot on in his remarks. Every one loves the Jones kid and his past visit. Just wait till he commits to Arkansas this week end and he will be raked over the coles.
etpony
Recruit

Postby Dutch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 pm

etpony wrote:Need to start worrying about SMU and Sonny and stop worrying about Arkansas. You people trashed JJ and Morris and Sonny will be next in line when he leaves in a couple of years. Get over it. Stallion is spot on in his remarks. Every one loves the Jones kid and his past visit. Just wait till he commits to Arkansas this week end and he will be raked over the coles.
stallion is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKai » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Black Horseshoe wrote:Haven’t seen you in awhile. You hanging out on the Arky boards lately?

If you experience locked arms for more than four hours, please seek immediate medical attention.
PonyKai

Postby Julian Grendel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm

etpony wrote:Need to start worrying about SMU and Sonny and stop worrying about Arkansas. You people trashed JJ and Morris and Sonny will be next in line when he leaves in a couple of years. Get over it. Stallion is spot on in his remarks. Every one loves the Jones kid and his past visit. Just wait till he commits to Arkansas this week end and he will be raked over the coles.
I think most of smu Fandom would be [pleasantly] surprised if jsj goes to school at smu and not in Fayetteville
Julian Grendel
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Stallion's Mom has arrived to defend Morris piggy fan boy :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Black Horseshoe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 pm

footballdad wrote:

Stallion's Mom has arrived to defend Morris piggy fan boy :lol:

Paula
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Next

Return to Football