PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hicks to Proche

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hicks to Proche

Postby SMUer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

My bet is that they weren’t as good
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 am

SMUer wrote:My bet is that they weren’t as good

Ya think? Doesn't mean they won't be good college players once they have their opportunity. Some on this thread seem to be suggesting we have no talent behind Proche and I'm just not sure that is going to be the case. Not many G5 schools have 2 guys in their starting lineup with NFL talent. SMU has done very well at that position in recent years.
Charleston Pony

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:49 am

Proche is a great WR with awareness and hands. I think he will put up some numbers next year. Hicks had the propensity to lock on to his favorite two targets and neglect Proche. Proche seemed to run long routes and pick up big yards. Shorten his routes and I think he gets more catches and becomes the backbone of the WR group.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am

Proche has good hands and is productive.

That said, I think he is a bit of a tweener. He isn't a top end burner, but he also doesn't have outstanding acceleration off the line. His mid-point speed is very good though, if that makes any sense.

I don't know that the quickness is there for him to be used as a really effective possession guy in the slot. His best routes are going to be vertical up the seams, where that mid-point speed can separate from corner coverage and the safeties.

I suspect that you will see Page and one of the outside receivers (Thomas for example) used as possession, and then Proche and another outside receiver (Honey for example) to stretch the field. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think Proche will be a 90 catch guy.
JasonB

Previous

Return to Football