PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dykes v. Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dykes v. Morris

Postby AusTxPony » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Can someone explain the difference in their two offensive schemes? Dykes seems to be revving up the Oline play, so does that mean more reliance on the run game? Air Raid sounds the opposite, more reliance on passing. Anyone?
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Dykes v. Morris

Postby JasonB » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 am

My impression is that Morris valued strength and mobility over size. Wanted to be super physical in the run game and pull and trap.

Dykes is more of the June mode of big guys that can hold their ground to buy the QB more time, and also big strong guys who can pivot players out of the way rather than run them over.

An example might be at Tackle. Dykes is pulling in guys with huge frames, while Morris always raved about the technique of Pursley.

All of that said, I don't think the guys Morris got are going to be small once they mature. They can add weight. And this offense is going to be a blend of air raid and spread, similar to what TCU does. So it won't be the JJ extreme where you ran delay traps all the time and just had to pivot and push.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Dykes v. Morris

Postby malonish » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

Dykes is Air Raid, Lashlee is power spread. Should be a fun mashup.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football