PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2018 Tailgate

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2018 Tailgate

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 am

Vitale wrote:Maybe they're trying to increase attendance by making the Boulevard expensive and then lowering ticket prices.

Hard to believe it took them 18 years to figure this out. Brilliant!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

78pony wrote:This was just called to my attention as I never saw it on my ticket invoice. Nice job, athletic department. If this has been widely touted then I apologize for being asleep at the wheel. So we are now looking at about $300 per game for the BLVD spot. I'm thinking after every home game since the opening of Ford, I may say adios.

Still a bargain frankly. Pull some friends in and split it. Not that big a deal.
gostangs

Postby 78pony » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am

gostangs wrote:
78pony wrote:This was just called to my attention as I never saw it on my ticket invoice. Nice job, athletic department. If this has been widely touted then I apologize for being asleep at the wheel. So we are now looking at about $300 per game for the BLVD spot. I'm thinking after every home game since the opening of Ford, I may say adios.

Still a bargain frankly. Pull some friends in and split it. Not that big a deal.

I got an e-mail from SMU yesterday that was very direct in detailing how it was going to be this year. Appreciated this. Wish it had been earlier. Part of the statement:

“Moving forward, Boulevard parking will require a separate $1,000 Mustang Athletic Fund contribution. This has historically been the case, however the $1,000 for the Boulevard will no longer be applicable to any seating requirements for Football or Basketball.”

Curious as to the verbiage saying it has historically been the case, and then it seems to me the “however” part then somewhat negates or invalidates the first part. IMO, this is saying yeah, we should have made this clearer but you should have known that this was the case. Why not say, here is how it’s been done in the past and how we internally looked at your donation and what it covered. But this year there is going to be a change and here is what it is.

The fact that the e-mail was sent at all suggests to me that there are still folks out there who are unaware as to how it works. Here’s hoping for more upfront transparency in the future.
78pony
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 am

78pony wrote:“Moving forward, Boulevard parking will require a separate $1,000 Mustang Athletic Fund contribution. This has historically been the case, however the $1,000 for the Boulevard will no longer be applicable to any seating requirements for Football or Basketball.”

Haha similar to when they tried to enforce separate donations for football and basketball season tickets until they realized everyone was just going to cancel their football tickets.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby oilpony » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Seems like they're alienating the majority .

Sounds like they want yo do away with football by charging higher prices
oilpony
All-American

Postby SMU89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Got a vm yesterday stating there will not be an additional donation for Blvd spot (ticket donation will count).

Assume I heard that correctly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
SMU89

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm

SMU89 wrote:Got a vm yesterday stating there will not be an additional donation for Blvd spot (ticket donation will count).

What was that number
One Trick Pony

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 pm

SMU89 wrote:Got a vm yesterday stating there will not be an additional donation for Blvd spot (ticket donation will count).

Correct, my friend who has our account spoke with them today. They admitted it was rolled our poorly and are doing away with it. They said they may still do it in the future, so I would count on it for next year.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Previous

Return to Football