PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Going smaller

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Going smaller

Postby JasonB » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:40 am

footballdad wrote:
JasonB wrote:We only have like 7 scholie WRs on the roster right now. Need the GTs at minimum to get numbers.

Right. A recruiting and retention problem, not a graduation problem. That first class was bad, with Castille leaving, Thomas busting & leaving, and Honey an apparent miss.

I guess it's a coincidence, but Proche and Gailliard were June recruits, still productive and contributing. The 3 misses above were all Morris guys.

I don't know that I would consider Castille a miss, he just left. He showed flashes his first year. Thomas never showed, but still had time to develop. Honey I think will end up like Holman - once he figures out his size and speed he will be effective, but he needs some time to develop.

But I agree with you that some of the Morris recruits haven't quite lived up to the hype... but that happens with every recruiting class. How his OL recruits turn out will make or break his rep at SMU.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:44 pm

JasonB wrote:
footballdad wrote:
JasonB wrote:We only have like 7 scholie WRs on the roster right now. Need the GTs at minimum to get numbers.

Right. A recruiting and retention problem, not a graduation problem. That first class was bad, with Castille leaving, Thomas busting & leaving, and Honey an apparent miss.

I guess it's a coincidence, but Proche and Gailliard were June recruits, still productive and contributing. The 3 misses above were all Morris guys.

I don't know that I would consider Castille a miss, he just left. He showed flashes his first year. Thomas never showed, but still had time to develop. Honey I think will end up like Holman - once he figures out his size and speed he will be effective, but he needs some time to develop.

But I agree with you that some of the Morris recruits haven't quite lived up to the hype... but that happens with every recruiting class. How his OL recruits turn out will make or break his rep at SMU.

Didn't say Castille was a miss, he would have been very good. Agree on the OLine, but how the rest of his receivers turn out might say even more. Proche is also a June guy. 2 or 3 of his guys should be ready to step up.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:50 pm

footballdad wrote:

You are a [deleted]' idiot. Two 1,000 yard rushers, a QB with the most passing yards in SMU History in 2 years, a 20+ yard per catch receiver who has almost as many receiving yards as any 2nd year receiver in SMU History, plus 7 other players who have started, a couple that may next year and most of the Class has 2 years to play still. 4 of the 21 were medical retirements and then Castille at least contributed. That is a very strong hit rate recruited off a 1 win team accomplished in just 2 months--if you really understood what you are talking about. The 2015 Class has fueled a +6 improvement in the program
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby footballdad » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Stallion wrote:
footballdad wrote:

You are a [deleted]' idiot. Two 1,000 yard rushers, a QB with the most passing yards in SMU History in 2 years, a 20+ yard per catch receiver who has almost as many receiving yards as any 2nd year receiver in SMU History, plus 7 other players who have started, a couple that may next year and most of the Class has 2 years to play still. 4 of the 21 were medical retirements and then Castille at least contributed. That is a very strong hit rate recruited off a 1 win team accomplished in just 2 months--if you really understood what you are talking about. The 2015 Class has fueled a +6 improvement in the program

No Stallion, actually you've become the unanimous idiot. All the more obvious when you go on your little rants, and regurgitate the same stupid statistics over and over, to try and cover for your failed 'predictions.' Sad, sad little lawyer man.

Go back to Arky boards, you pathetic Morris fanboy. :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby BUS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 am

Football dad... don't know who you are but your son is on or was on the team.
Why the constant negativity and hostility. Like personal language. Ok, i,m fat and bald and old but that does not pertain to an opinion on any players.

Downer man.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Arkpony » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:39 am

Bus: You’re not old!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 am

He's not fat and bald either.
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 am

BUS wrote:Football dad... don't know who you are but your son is on or was on the team.
Why the constant negativity and hostility. Like personal language. Ok, i,m fat and bald and old but that does not pertain to an opinion on any players.

Downer man.

There was no hostility at all. JasonB and I were discussing the WR situation, and out of the blue Stallion has to jump in with his personal insults and a Morris rant. This is pretty much his MO when somebody has a different opinion, or dares to question the genius of Morris.

Might want to direct your question at him.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby MV pony » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

BUS wrote:Football dad... don't know who you are but your son is on or was on the team.

Downer man.

No one does "personal language" or personal insults more than stallion. An angry man.
MV pony
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Stallion has never once insulted me but I'm pretty sure everybody else has haha
One Trick Pony

Postby PonyPride » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 pm

By my count:
James Proché
Tyler Page
Brandon Benson
Alex Honey
Myron Gailliard
Judah Bell
Joshua Shelmire
Treveon Johnson
Terry Keys (WR/CB)
Jared Miles
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby jpe747 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 pm

MV pony wrote:

Downer man.

No one does "personal language" or personal insults more than stallion. An angry man.

There's quite a lot of insulting going down on Ponyfans besides Stallion. Don't throw stones. Moreover, Stallion does his homework. I don't have time to look at state track times, etc. but he does. Thus, I appreciate his rigor. Is he ever wrong? Maybe... Has he insulted me? Maybe. BUT, he adds more than most. Live with it.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm

footballdad wrote:
PonyFan32 wrote:
footballdad wrote:[quote="JasonB"]I've heard 3 WR GTs.

Apparently Sonny not impressed with the awesome Morris recruiting.

Or maybe we just lost two underclassmen to the NFL. Either one.

Bring in 3 GT's because 2 guys graduate. Has nothing to do with the other 13 receivers on the roster. Gotcha.[/quote]

Haha ok go ahead and take that away from what I said.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:57 pm

footballdad wrote:

Downer man.

There was no hostility at all. JasonB and I were discussing the WR situation, and out of the blue Stallion has to jump in with his personal insults and a Morris rant. This is pretty much his MO when somebody has a different opinion, or dares to question the genius of Morris.

Might want to direct your question at him.

Your anti Morris snark is what started this whole silly mess. If anyone is Morris obsessed (pro or anti) on this board, it's you.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby footballdad » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Morris obsessed? Nah, I just view him as an average coach, with a fake personality, who recruited ok, based on what he actually accomplished at SMU, and how he left the program. Nothing more, nothing less. If he goes on to winning SEC titles I'll eat crow.

Only 1 person on this board is Morris obsessed, no name required.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football