PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Please do not read this

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Please do not read this

Postby mrydel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:06 am

Because it relates to our former coach. But I had to laugh out loud this morning reading about the UA scrimmage. It was raining in Fayetteville and you all know very well what the discussion would have been last year had it been raining during a practice, not to mention a full scrimmage.

Well the Arkansas coach said that there was no way they would stay inside. They would practice in the rain. And he went on to say that he was upset that it did not rain harder to see how the players would perform.

That is my only comment.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Please do not read this

Postby peruna81 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:17 am

Well, it rains on Saturdays in the fall. IPF or not, there is some sense in doing that...but for the have-nots, an IPF would be nice.

SMU...late to the table, but present and accounted for...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby AusTxPony » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I get the irony, thanks for the chuckle.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Monty_The_Mustang » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Lulz. For anyone that didn’t see it, check out his entrance to the signing day event (he had a stunt double...)
Monty_The_Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Thank you this made my day.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:39 pm

The IPF is a total crutch. Players should learn to adapt to the conditions in which they will play. The reality is that field conditions in Texas in September could see field temps. around 140 degrees. Rain and wind are elements in which players must learn and adapt. Do not expect great game performances when players are practicing in ideal conditions and then struggle with heat, cold, rain, snow and wind.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:51 pm

mrydel wrote:Because it relates to our former coach. But I had to laugh out loud this morning reading about the UA scrimmage. It was raining in Fayetteville and you all know very well what the discussion would have been last year had it been raining during a practice, not to mention a full scrimmage.

Well the Arkansas coach said that there was no way they would stay inside. They would practice in the rain. And he went on to say that he was upset that it did not rain harder to see how the players would perform.

That is my only comment.

https://twitter.com/dannywest1/status/9 ... 63808?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Gold. Pure gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Practicing in the rain is cool until there’s a lightning strike within a 30mile radius (which happens 90% of the time it rains in dallas) and you have to stop and go inside for 45 minutes per student athlete safety rules.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 pm

PonySnob wrote:
mrydel wrote:Because it relates to our former coach. But I had to laugh out loud this morning reading about the UA scrimmage. It was raining in Fayetteville and you all know very well what the discussion would have been last year had it been raining during a practice, not to mention a full scrimmage.

That is my only comment.

The guy has a daily list of catchphrases he practices in the mirror, before bringing them out in team meetings and media interviews.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:31 am

footballdad wrote:
PonySnob wrote:

That is my only comment.

The guy has a daily list of catchphrases he practices in the mirror, before bringing them out in team meetings and media interviews.

I can't wait for "Being Chad Morris - A Self Help Novel" to hit the Arky Student book store soon.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dr rc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:55 pm

PoconoPony wrote:The IPF is a total crutch. Players should learn to adapt to the conditions in which they will play. The reality is that field conditions in Texas in September could see field temps. around 140 degrees. Rain and wind are elements in which players must learn and adapt. Do not expect great game performances when players are practicing in ideal conditions and then struggle with heat, cold, rain, snow and wind.

:lol:

Don't expect to get many difference making recruits past diamond in the rough types when you don't have a facility that over 80 area high schools have for their football teams.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:11 am

But all that laundry.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Football