PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kudos to the Players

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kudos to the Players

Postby MustangMom » Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:45 pm

From the posts I read on Ponyfans.com, it seems like the players are really giving their all - both in the weight room all summer and during two-a-days. Keep up the good work guys!

With serious effort, great motivation from the coaches pre-game and good luck (last year quite a few games were very, very close) this can be the turn-around year for the Mustangs.

Hope many of the players read Ponyfans. Let's add to the momentum, Ponyfans! I challenge all Ponyfans "posters" to outdo me with some positive and motivational posts for the players. (You will be much more clever and unlike Mustang Mom some of you actually played college football).

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Re: Kudos to the Players

Postby HorsePower » Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:41 pm

The intensity and enthusiasm at practice looks better than it has since football returned in 1989. The boys were really flying to the ball and hitting hard. One guy (#85 - not sure who he is) caught a pass yesterday and got damn-near decapitated by D.D. Johnson, which brought a huge reaction from the rest of the players. (Johnson didn't look like he was trying to kill the guy, but the receiver slipped a little as he turned into Johnson, and really paid the price.)

I've heard several players think Johnson is up for a huge year -- hope they're right. I've been a fan of that guy since he got to SMU, so I think he's due to break out and have a great season.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby BUS » Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:45 pm

Players and coaches are pumped up about this year and they have the talent to be victorious this year.

Go team, Go Coach Cavan and staff.
Focus on La. Tech and rip them apart.

Remember - angry people WIN fotball games!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Cal Pony » Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:02 pm

Agreed, BUS. Hope the kids saw the smack and poor reviews of the team. Get pissed! Get fired up! Get to kicking some butt and WINNING!

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:08 pm

I like what I have seen at practices so far. Everything seems very upbeat. I have a theory on last year too. I'm not sure that all of the emphasis on 9/2/00 didnt cause a letdown. After winning that KU game, it was almost as if the main goal had been accomplished and everything else would just take care of itself. I think the team will be focused on the season this year and not just the first game. Like any sport, good teams and performers are the ones that dont get too high or too low after a win or loss. I predict a much better season this year.

Return to Football