PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Please don’t read this Part 2

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Please don’t read this Part 2

Postby mrydel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:54 am

I am sorry for these posts but some things are just too good to leave be. Today is the Arkansas spring game. They are holding it in Little Rock due to construction on the Fayetteville stadium and to try and win back some Little Rock donors. The game has been promoted here more than their regular season games have been in the past. All types of activities. Only problem is that it is currently snowing and sleeting in Little Rock. I am not sure but my guess is they do not get the wished for crowd of 55,000.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Please don’t read this Part 2

Postby peruna81 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I wish Chad Morris the best....he is going to need it.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:48 pm

I still think he will do well.
mrydel

Postby leopold » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

I wish him luck there. All he did here was his job, well. No reason to root against him.

And his biggest problem isn't him - it's his competition. He's walking into the biggest arms race of all of college football, stacked with coaches with national championship rings. The guy before him won three B1G Ten titles and got chewed up and spit out - he is going to have a hell of a time.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Ego! Hype! That was what soured me on JJ and CM. However, they both made undeniable contributions to state of SMU football. June, 4 bowl games, 3 wins and played for conference championship. And maybe a factor in getting in the Big East? Chad, aggressive recruiting and culture change plus one bowl game. I am ready for the lower key Sonny after those two and apparently a coach who will stick around for a while. I do wish them both well.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyte » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:19 pm

mrydel wrote:I am sorry for these posts but some things are just too good to leave be. Today is the Arkansas spring game. They are holding it in Little Rock due to construction on the Fayetteville stadium and to try and win back some Little Rock donors. The game has been promoted here more than their regular season games have been in the past. All types of activities. Only problem is that it is currently snowing and sleeting in Little Rock. I am not sure but my guess is they do not get the wished for crowd of 55,000.

I bet you went anyway.
ponyte

Postby mrydel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Oh heavens no. They did fall short of their 55,000 hopeful prediction. They estimated 7,000.
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 pm

I watched about one minute of it on the SEC network. Looked like an Ownby crowd of about 10k to me. There were clusters on both sidelines between about the 35 yd lines. Snow flurries when I watched and cameras were focused on Chad as much as anyone. Saw a couple of ugly incomplete passes and a punt with nobody covering and just a single return guy to field the punt.
Charleston Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I watched about one minute of it on the SEC network. Looked like an Ownby crowd of about 10k to me. There were clusters on both sidelines between about the 35 yd lines. Snow flurries when I watched and cameras were focused on Chad as much as anyone. Saw a couple of ugly incomplete passes and a punt with nobody covering and just a single return guy to field the punt.

Well don't worry about special teams and defense you can do everything from offense haha
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I watched about one minute of it on the SEC network. Looked like an Ownby crowd of about 10k to me. There were clusters on both sidelines between about the 35 yd lines. Snow flurries when I watched and cameras were focused on Chad as much as anyone. Saw a couple of ugly incomplete passes and a punt with nobody covering and just a single return guy to field the punt.

Well don't worry about special teams and defense you can do everything from offense haha

The Morris motto. Should work awesome in the SEC. :shock:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Return to Football