PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How would you upgrade Ford?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How would you upgrade Ford?

Postby smusportspage » Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 am

mrydel wrote:But all they would do is stand at their spot and party. When you enter the stadium you should at least pretend to be interested in what is going on on the field.

I get what you are saying Mrydel but look at how the space is currently being used, there are a lot of fans already up there not paying attention as it is. There are a lot of advantages. For one, you would already be at the game and not have to worry about tearing down your spot outside the stadium to get to the game ON TIME. If the set up is right, it would certainly beat having a spot on the actual boulevard. You would get more bang for your buck. There is a segment of fans that would want to purchase a spot up there if given the chance. SMU might be able to make it work and make money at the same time. It's a win win and who doesn't like that?
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby smupony94 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 am

mrydel wrote:But all they would do is stand at their spot and party. When you enter the stadium you should at least pretend to be interested in what is going on on the field.

Oh sit down
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

smusportspage wrote:

I get what you are saying Mrydel but look at how the space is currently being used, there are a lot of fans already up there not paying attention as it is. There are a lot of advantages. For one, you would already be at the game and not have to worry about tearing down your spot outside the stadium to get to the game ON TIME. If the set up is right, it would certainly beat having a spot on the actual boulevard. You would get more bang for your buck. There is a segment of fans that would want to purchase a spot up there if given the chance. SMU might be able to make it work and make money at the same time. It's a win win and who doesn't like that?

I would rather do what I saw someone else do (UCF?) and put ground level “suites” in both end zones. Tented Blvd type set ups. Let the little kids keep rolling.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smusportspage » Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am

That would work. I like it.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby malonish » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

More fountains
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 pm

We could start naming bidets
ponyboy

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am

smusportspage wrote:There are a lot of advantages. For one, you would already be at the game and not have to worry about tearing down your spot outside the stadium to get to the game ON TIME. If the set up is right, it would certainly beat having a spot on the actual boulevard. You would get more bang for your buck. There is a segment of fans that would want to purchase a spot up there if given the chance.

The problem with this idea is it still leaves thousands and thousands of empty seats in the stadium for most games. Realistically how many "inside the stadium blvd spots" could you actually have? I mean it would be ok I guess...it would add a "party factor"...but will a few blvd spots inside the stadium bring in more than 100-300 fans into the stadium. Say it brings in 500 fans into a stadium that is short thousands and thousands of fans? I still say we have to face reality and make Ford smaller by remvoving thousands of seats that are very rarely needed. Ford full at 22,000 seats would be a different experience. All the dream-world "if's" can be dealt with "IF" we ever get to that point, but why let 'today" keep suffering because "one day" we might become a national power, or one day we might become a regional power, hell we can't even win our non-p5 conference.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am

Doesn't the NCAA have a minimum seating requirement?
ALEX LIFESON

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu May 17, 2018 9:31 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Doesn't the NCAA have a minimum seating requirement?

One Trick Pony

Postby mtrout » Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 am

savage
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am

Just wait until facial recognition technology is in all the stadia and counting the actual people there. 15,000 average is a pipedream for SMU if it was actual butts in seats.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Thu May 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Can’t wait until the athletic department does a reseating of Ford!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Bergermeister » Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Maybe a deseating.
Bergermeister

Postby smustatesman » Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm

The Athletic Department or the school's Administration could sell inflatable dolls to people who want to support our Mustangs and place butts (plastic) in the seats, while remaining outside the confines of Ford. Win...win. They could be dressed for white outs, red outs, blue outs, or any other SMU color combo.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby BIGHORSE » Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Everyone should spread out, 2 seats per person might make it look more full. :wink:
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football