PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Visitor Seating at McLane?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Visitor Seating at McLane?

Postby mrydel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm

peruna81 wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:
peruna81 wrote:CenTXpony-

I'm a Baptist minister, and had a native Navasota guy want to be baptized in the Navasota River, which is about 5 miles south of town. We went out to survey the area and decide where the event should be held ( probably about 50 people would be there watching), and while looking in the murky water, a dead cow floated by...followed by an 8 foot alligator...VERY much alive.

After serving churches in Florida, I always scout an outdoor baptism...and yeah, the smell was epic.

Hilarious post.

Should have been a scene from 'O Brother where art thou'

I did think I heard banjo music in the background....

Now you are in Arkansas
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:21 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:

I'm a Baptist minister, and had a native Navasota guy want to be baptized in the Navasota River, which is about 5 miles south of town. We went out to survey the area and decide where the event should be held ( probably about 50 people would be there watching), and while looking in the murky water, a dead cow floated by...followed by an 8 foot alligator...VERY much alive.

After serving churches in Florida, I always scout an outdoor baptism...and yeah, the smell was epic.

Hilarious post.

Should have been a scene from 'O Brother where art thou'

CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 pm

I know of an instance when a Baptist minister was delayed in performing the ordinance when itI was noted that a snake had been introduced into the baptistry. That story is now in second place.
No Quarter
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football