PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Visitor Seating at McLane?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Dukie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 am

Can anybody who attended one of the games at Baylor speak to how the visitor seats are aligned with sun exposure? The Duke at Baylor game this September just got announced for a 2:30 PM kickoff, so there goes any hope of a night game. And after sitting in the blazing sun for SMU at A&M a few years ago I'd rather not repeat anything like that experience. I know McLane is fairly enclosed/covered, but if any of the seats are exposed to afternoon sun it seems logical that it could be the visitors...
Dukie
Heisman

Re: Visitor Seating at McLane?

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:57 am

Dukie wrote:Can anybody who attended one of the games at Baylor speak to how the visitor seats are aligned with sun exposure? The Duke at Baylor game this September just got announced for a 2:30 PM kickoff, so there goes any hope of a night game. And after sitting in the blazing sun for SMU at A&M a few years ago I'd rather not repeat anything like that experience. I know McLane is fairly enclosed/covered, but if any of the seats are exposed to afternoon sun it seems logical that it could be the visitors...

Lower 110 through 112 brutal sunshine and heat , but if you go up to the top of 110 the overhang protects you with shade. Groups of people were hanging in the walkway there. You will be facing directly into the sun.

One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:18 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
Dukie wrote:Lower 110 through 112 brutal sunshine and heat , but if you go up to the top of 110 the overhang protects you with shade. Groups of people were hanging in the walkway there. You will be facing directly into the sun.

Thanks; about what I figured. It's funny how just sitting in that bright sunlight is harder than exercising in it.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 am

When we played there, they had those seats in 110 for visitors, but they also had a section on the upper deck in the endzone. Not as good seats, obviously, but completely covered from the sun.
JasonB

Postby mustang92 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 am

Miserably hot in the blazing sun unless you're on the "home" side or under the overhang. Default visitors seats are miserable.
mustang92
Scout Team

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:43 pm

mustang92 wrote:Miserably hot in the blazing sun unless you're on the "home" side or under the overhang. Default visitors seats are miserable.

Even worse than their old stadium? I remember when they ran out of water in the first half.
smupony94

Postby peruna81 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:53 pm

smupony94 wrote:
mustang92 wrote:Miserably hot in the blazing sun unless you're on the "home" side or under the overhang. Default visitors seats are miserable.

Even worse than their old stadium? I remember when they ran out of water in the first half.

The visitor dressing rooms at old Floyd Casey were epically bad. Stale urine smell, and mold everywhere.

It IS Waco after all...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm

peruna81 wrote:
smupony94 wrote:

The visitor dressing rooms at old Floyd Casey were epically bad. Stale urine smell, and mold everywhere.

It IS Waco after all...

That’s just waco... no matter how old and [deleted] or nice and new something is there everything generally tends to have a trifecta smell of urine, mold, and vomit. Probably from the locals being baptized in the Brazos would be my guess.

My advice... save yourself the trouble of even bothering with it. The city sucks the people are disgusting and you immediately lose some of your humans rights the second you enter city limits unless you’re a Baylor athlete.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm

CenTXpony-

I'm a Baptist minister, and had a native Navasota guy want to be baptized in the Navasota River, which is about 5 miles south of town. We went out to survey the area and decide where the event should be held ( probably about 50 people would be there watching), and while looking in the murky water, a dead cow floated by...followed by an 8 foot alligator...VERY much alive.

After serving churches in Florida, I always scout an outdoor baptism...and yeah, the smell was epic.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 pm

peruna81 wrote:CenTXpony-

I'm a Baptist minister, and had a native Navasota guy want to be baptized in the Navasota River, which is about 5 miles south of town. We went out to survey the area and decide where the event should be held ( probably about 50 people would be there watching), and while looking in the murky water, a dead cow floated by...followed by an 8 foot alligator...VERY much alive.

After serving churches in Florida, I always scout an outdoor baptism...and yeah, the smell was epic.

Nothing good happens in the Brazos...
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 am

CenTXpony wrote:That’s just waco... no matter how old and [deleted] or nice and new something is there everything generally tends to have a trifecta smell of urine, mold, and vomit. Probably from the locals being baptized in the Brazos would be my guess.

My advice... save yourself the trouble of even bothering with it. The city sucks the people are disgusting and you immediately lose some of your humans rights the second you enter city limits unless you’re a male Baylor athlete.

FIFY
Dukie
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Hilarious post.

Should have been a scene from 'O Brother where art thou'
SoCal_Pony

Postby smitty329 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:13 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:

Hilarious post.

YES!!! We need a sequel - 'O Brother Where Art Thou Now?
smitty329
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:56 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:

Hilarious post.

I did think I heard banjo music in the background....
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Prophetic timing, 81:

Crocodile kills Ethiopian pastor during lake baptism

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44366360
SoCal_Pony

Next

Return to Football