PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Excellent-Photos-Video-The Program

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Excellent-Photos-Video-The Program

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am

ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Excellent-Photos-Video-The Program

Postby mtrout » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 am

I enjoy the no BS approach. Looks cool. Is this all just from this week?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 am

mtrout wrote:I enjoy the no BS approach. Looks cool. Is this all just from this week?

Yes, earlier this past week.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:37 am

Seeing the team in the new pool brings back memories of Hayden Frye's teams. In the old days before scoping knees football players who had knee surgery would be sent to legendary swim coach Red Barr for much of their rehab. Few of the players could swim and most did not like the water so it was a treat to see coach Barr teach them to swim and put them through hours of drills to strengthen their legs/knees. Most would groan and moan about how hard it was ....etc., but after they got back on the field they were grateful for the experience. I have even had a few of those players tell me in the past few years that working with coach Barr and learning from his teaching skills, approach and demeanor was a lasting memory from their time at SMU.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:54 pm

PoconoPony wrote:Seeing the team in the new pool brings back memories of Hayden Frye's teams. In the old days before scoping knees football players who had knee surgery would be sent to legendary swim coach Red Barr for much of their rehab. Few of the players could swim and most did not like the water so it was a treat to see coach Barr teach them to swim and put them through hours of drills to strengthen their legs/knees. Most would groan and moan about how hard it was ....etc., but after they got back on the field they were grateful for the experience. I have even had a few of those players tell me in the past few years that working with coach Barr and learning from his teaching skills, approach and demeanor was a lasting memory from their time at SMU.

IIRC, Daryl Doggett was one of the players that used swim therapy in some shape or form to rehab a ding. He was a tough kid, and enjoyed watching those days.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football