PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Please do not read

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Please do not read

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm

This is about Arkansas so please, again, stop reading.

I know many think Arkansas is Hicksville and nothing but married relatives and moonshine runners, but they do have a Touchdown Club. This consists of 15 lunch sessions during football season where they bring in notable speakers and smooze their big donors. David Bazell, former Razorback and originator of the Broyles Award, heads this up and lines up speakers for each luncheon.

In the past they have had Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, Gene Chizick, and other well known guests. Today he announced his line up for this fall. Included in the 15 speakers are: Hugh Freeze ( that is getting some negative reviews but should be good), Mean Joe Green, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Larry Cszonka, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Mack Brown, and an array of others. Not a bad line up for a podunk hellhole that many think we exist in here.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Please do not read

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:15 pm

I remember when Lou Holtz called our house from South Carolina and Kyle didn't know who he was it was pretty funny
One Trick Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:43 pm

mrydel wrote:Today he announced his line up for this fall. Included in the 15 speakers are: Hugh Freeze ( that is getting some negative reviews but should be good), Mean Joe Green, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Larry Cszonka, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Mack Brown, and an array of others. Not a bad line up for a podunk hellhole that many think we exist in here.

Not a bad lineup. Sanders is a quiet guy so getting him to talk in that setting is an accomplishment.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 pm

When they have guests that are not comfortable speaking, Bazell will sit with them and just have an audience Q and A.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Return to Football