PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Toughest Schedule since SWC?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Toughest Schedule since SWC?

Postby PonyTime » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:10 am

If three opponents are ranked in pre-season AP poll (which is likely), that would be the first time that has happened for the ponies since 1995 when Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M were on the schedule in the last year of the SWC.

BTW - we should have beaten A&M that year. But I digress -Thus my quote at the bottom of my posts, which may have been an outcome of that game.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Toughest Schedule since SWC?

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 pm

It's one thing to play nationally ranked teams but another aspect of this year's schedule that cannot be overlooked is that we have to play our "easier" opponents on the road. I will be very impressed if these guys can duplicate last year's 7-5 but right out of the gate I'm just hopeful we can win in Denton. I really believe that game makes the difference between a .500 or better season or a losing record.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Toughest Schedule since SWC?

Postby PonyTime » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:29 am

Charleston Pony wrote:It's one thing to play nationally ranked teams but another aspect of this year's schedule that cannot be overlooked is that we have to play our "easier" opponents on the road. I will be very impressed if these guys can duplicate last year's 7-5 but right out of the gate I'm just hopeful we can win in Denton. I really believe that game makes the difference between a .500 or better season or a losing record.

Yes - games like @Tulane worry me. I hope I am wrong.

It is entirely possible that we will be the vegas-line favorite in only one game on the entire schedule.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football