PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Outlook

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season Outlook

Postby Webmaster » Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:20 pm

The <A HREF="http://www.ponyfans.com/football/2001outlook.htm" TARGET=_blank>2001 PonyFans.com Season Outlook </A> is now available online.

Be sure and vote on the new poll and look for more coming in the future. Also, be sure and keep up to date with the <B>In the News</B> section on the homepage.

The PonyFans.com Newsletter will be re-starting soon so if you are not a subscriber become one now. Just enter your email address and click <I>GO!</I> on the Table of Contents.

Also coming soon will be the <B>PonyFans.com Football Guide</B>. It contains game previews, reports, and links so Pony Fans can follow the Mustangs online.

We hope everyone had a nice summer and get ready for football!

------------------
Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com.

Please help our site grow by telling all of your friends and fellow Pony Fans about PonyFans.com.

If you have any problems or concerns, do not hesitate to email us at webmaster@ponyfans.com

The Webmasters, PonyFans.com

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 08-18-2001).]
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: Season Outlook

Postby NavyCrimson » Sun Aug 19, 2001 12:02 am

great job!!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby Joyous » Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:36 am

I second that!
Joyous
Varsity

Postby Pony Up » Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:02 pm

Once again, <A HREF="http://www.PonyFans.com" TARGET=_blank>www.PonyFans.com</A> has proven to have the most complete coverage and analysis of SMU athletics anywhere. Outstanding job.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby PK » Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:30 pm

Good report PonyFans.com! Now how about a report on our first scrimmage since the DMN seems to have missed it? I was there and saw the first 30 minutes, but had to leave. Being that I am no great football analyst I would love to hear some comments from those who understand the x's and o's better than I.

Actually for what it is worth, I was especially impressed with Page and Kincade on offense and whoever it was playing DE on the left side of the defense.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Recruiting Guru » Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:58 pm

The starting defensive end on the left side, opposite Kevn Aldridge, was Melvin Williams (#90), a redshirt freshman from Elysian Fields. Melvin is the poster child for The Diesel's new strength program, having put on nearly 40 pounds since the end of last season. Look for Melvin to turn a lot of heads this year with a very strong season. And with his attitude and work ethic, he'll only get better.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby ClassOf81 » Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:44 pm

Outstanding work. I think the Morning News should just use PonyFans.com as a link on their webpage, since they're not going to send anyone to cover us anyway.

[This message has been edited by ClassOf81 (edited 08-19-2001).]
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby MustangMom » Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:50 am

Great job Ponyfans!! Great in depth coverage. And, I agree with the above post!

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Return to Football