PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Expectations for Dykes

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Expectations for Dykes

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:46 am

Definitely needs a re-grade. Most of this reaction, particularly mine, was reactionary. It all came from the humiliation of losing to NTCC. If we remember, the last time we lost to them, we fired June.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:18 am

It's the nature of fans and like Sonny has said (and has told his team), 1st game SMU loses will see fans turn on this bunch and people will complain about how over-hyped the players and coaching staff have been this year.

If we get whipped at Memphis, upset by ECU and then finish dismally by losing to Navy & Tulane (all within the realm of possible), I will try really hard to remember how pleased I would have been (before the season began) with an 8-4 regular season finish this season...BUT, since this thread is about EXPECTATIONS...these guys have now set the bar high so I'm going to be disappointed if SMU isn't representing the AAC West in our Championship Game this year.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:27 am

Stallion wrote:PERSPECTIVE

Sonny has at least 23 players who have started substantial games at the Division 1A school level and SMU still looked incompetent on both offense and defense. The Head Coach and both Coordinators deserve an F and didn't have their team ready to compete.

We'll be seeing that 30-1 First Downs scoreboard screen-shot 44 minutes into the game for decades to come. You guys can take shots at Chad Morris all you want that doesn't change the fact that the current SMU coaching staff was humiliated last Saturday. One of the all-time great Coaching fails in SMU history with an experienced roster

GRADE: F

I rest my case
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football