PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other Games

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Other Games

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Watching tcu's offense was kind of familiar.. they need a quarterback bad.

They just might be desperate enough to invite Hicks!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:33 am

Speaking of QBs I saw Gilbert got called up as a backup for the Panthers while Cam is out.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:30 pm

H-E-B Mustang wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
H-E-B Mustang wrote:[quote="One Trick Pony"]Noticed the Diamond Head classic was on was anybody else there in 2009?

Yes. My son and I were there for the Hawaii Bowl in 2009. One night a bunch of us staying at the hotel went over to watch the men's basketball team playing nearby.

I was sitting at the hotel bar that night
With a group of Mustang fans and one of the cheerleaders came up and said hey there's more than a football game going on here you guys need to come support the basketball team. We all loaded up in some bus and went to the game.

Were you in that bus?

Yes. As I recall the games were played at the University of Hawaii campus.[/quote]
Bring back any memories ?

One Trick Pony

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Nice picture. The only times I went to Hawaii was for our two bowl appearances there. Terrific trips. And it didn't hurt that we won both of those games bigly.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby AusTxPony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:58 pm

What a joy those Hawaii Bowls were! We may rag on JJ for leaving us in the lurch, but he had those boys prepared to win those games.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 pm

H-E-B Mustang wrote:Nice picture. The only times I went to Hawaii was for our two bowl appearances there. Terrific trips. And it didn't hurt that we won both of those games bigly.

I've been back five or six times since then. I love the Hawaiian Islands Especially the Big Island Kona side specifically Hapuna Beach.

I wonder if JJ misses riding his Harley around Oahu the Victory lap. Kind of cold in Canada.
One Trick Pony

Postby Three Putt » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Stallion wrote:Love to know the apparent TCU alum wearing a suit who almost cost TCU a win when that TCU DB looked to have a certain Pick-6 in Overtime. The TCU DB should have easily scored but slowed down dancing around instead of heading straight to the endzone and embarrassingly allowed an Offensive Tackle-No. 71-to run him down at the 11 on the 2 point conversion attempt-but it wouldn't have been allowed anyway because the guy in the Suit was called for referee interference for going on the field and tripping over the first down chain. Hilarity ensued. TCU ends up winning it on FG for a thrilling 10-7 Overtime victory that included 9 interceptions

Apparently it was TCU Assistant AD/SID Mark Cohen

https://gofrogs.com/staff.aspx?staff=224

Actually, the score would have counted and the game would have been over. That was a live-ball foul with the enforcement being on the succeeding spot. Thus, why TCU started on the 40 and not the 25.
Three Putt
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Temple got mauled by Duke today.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby geno » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:42 pm

TidePony wrote:One word describes that game: wretched.

But add another word: happened. They were actually in a bowl. I've always wondered whether I'd rather my team miss a b owl completely, or get in one by the skin of our teeth, and get mauled, or embarrassed. They got embarrassed, but they won a bowl game.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Our high school commitment Brewer having a good game for Baylor.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Arkpony wrote:Our high school commitment Brewer having a good game for Baylor.

Appears that game is pretty well attended by an enthusiastic crowd for a who cares game between two 6-6 teams
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Sure wish he was ours. Brewer is 11-13 passing. Chewing up Vandy’s defense.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Dukie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 am

EastStang wrote:Temple got mauled by Duke today.

Both teams were missing key starters (Temple RB and DB, Duke all over the D) but Duke’s depth was better. No idea why Temple was so good on O 1H and so wretched 2H. Manny Diaz is a good hire so maybe he can figure it out.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:03 am

Arkpony wrote:Sure wish he was ours. Brewer is 11-13 passing. Chewing up Vandy’s defense.

Brewer throws for almost 400 yards and runs for over 100. Hurts that he didn't come to SMU but I guess Chad was right about him.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:13 am

I know most on this site hate the state of Arkansas, and our next FB opponent is Arkansas State, but ASU is playing in the Arizona Bowl tomorrow (their 6th or 7th in a row) and there is a side story about Coach Blake Anderson’s wife that is very touching. She has breast cancer but after thinking she was clean for about a year, it has returned and with a vengeance. She is in pretty rough shape but insisted on making the trip to Tucson to be with the team. Like most coaches wives, the players become like children and she knew she wanted to enjoy what time she could with them.

I will be rooting for Arkansas State because they have a program that is building like I hope Sonny will build with us. With the added resource of the Dallas area to offer there is no reason we cannot excel if we can have coaching consistency and a team “family” like they do at Arkansas State.

Make no mistake. I want to be at a higher level than Arkansas State and think we can achieve that. But for this weekend I am going to be their fan and hope we can continue to progress and catch and pass their level of play.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football