PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Once again

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Once again

Postby PonyGirl » Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:06 pm

the Morning News proves itself to be a joke, nothing more than a newsletter for the Cowboys and UT. Yesterday was the first scrimmage of the preseason, and there was not word one about it in today's paper. Did the new writer even go to the scrimmage? I realize the Austin paper NEVER covers UT, so it'[s a good thing we got three game notes from their scrimmage. But as Damon'sDaMan pointed out in an earlier post, for the Morning News to claim it covers SMU in any way is nothing more than a shameless lie, designed to do nothing more than sell papers. DMN, you should be embarrassed.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Once again

Postby PK » Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:19 pm

I'm with you PonyGirl. I was pretty POed this morning to find absolutely NOTHING about the Mustangs in the paper. Obviously Rana Cash has served her time in Hell covering SMU last year and now she is off to Heaven in Austin. I'm not sure who is covering SMU this year, but he/she needs to get his/her butt in gear here.

The answer to our misery/lack of coverage is of course to go out and win some big games. For us that would be TCU, UNC and NCState plus most if not all of the rest. I would be happy with a 6-5 record, happier with a 7-4 record and down right flirting with a heart attack if we could muster an 8-3 season.

Go Mustangs, give me a heart attack ... it would be worth it!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Once again

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:00 pm

Rana Cash is a good reporter, and I hope she does well in Austin. THe new SMU writer is Rick Alonzo, who's a decent writer in his own right. He, of course, doesn't control how much space he gets in the paper. But it's hard to imagine them leaving SMU out entirely if he was there and filed a story. Pathetic excuse for a local paper.

Return to Football