PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oh poor Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Oh poor Chad Morris

Postby Stallion » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

because SMU has a bunch of ignorant fans that don't know how college football works. Coaches of undefeated G5 schools or games of historical significance at their G5 school stay for Bowl-almost without exception coaches of teams playing in minor bowls ALL leave. If you continue babbling on about this argument you are just exposing yourself as someone that doesn't know much about college football
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Share the love.
One Trick Pony

Postby gostangs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Not surprised Chad felt he needed to leave before the bowl. That was no great offense. However messing with Traylor was the wrong move. Not sure what all went on there but it made Chad look small I thought. I don't think he ever gave it two seconds thought - he got his gig and was on to the next one.

I think Arkansas will get better but they wont get what they thought they bought in chad. He will have a hard time breaking into the top three on the west side of that conference.

In any event - like what I see with Sonny and his staff so far. Will be great to see how this goes when his (already better) recruits start getting in place.
gostangs

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:27 pm

I don't fault Chad one bit for bolting immediately. Don't remember if he said good-bye and thanks to his players (that should be done at a minimum), but once hired by Arkansas, he had a new loyalty and owed it to them to assemble a staff and to prepare as best he could for that "first" recruiting class.

I did something very similar when I left my 1st employer, so it would be two faced of me to find any fault with what Chad did. And yes...I'm among those hoping he does well at Arkansas and actually believe he will do well there.
Charleston Pony

Postby oilpony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Share the love.

that's beautiful, man.
oilpony
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Stallion wrote:because SMU has a bunch of ignorant fans that don't know how college football works. Coaches of undefeated G5 schools or games of historical significance at their G5 school stay for Bowl-almost without exception coaches of teams playing in minor bowls ALL leave. If you continue babbling on about this argument you are just exposing yourself as someone that doesn't know much about college football
Because every other university has articulate, non-inflammatory and cordial fanbases who never take their grievances to message boards.
RGV Pony

Postby PoconoPony » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Leave a hanging Chad hanging and move on.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:04 am

It looks like Arkansas may have a chance today to win their second game dammit lol.

Tulsa Time.
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:57 am

One Trick Pony wrote:It looks like Arkansas may have a chance today to win their second game dammit lol.

Tulsa Time.

LOL.... I rarely root for Tulsa to do anything other than rot. Today I stand with the Golden Showers. May they [deleted] all over the Hogs.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 am

They have a chance. Even with Arky already not doing well, they are without their starting QB, starting running back, and the 2nd team RB is hurting (kind of like X for us). And their top CB is on the bench for disciplinary reasons. They are probably going to start a freshman QB.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby TidePony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:23 am

I think Chad has this one, unless he gets out coached (which Tulsa’s coach has done before).
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:41 am

mrydel wrote:They have a chance. Even with Arky already not doing well, they are without their starting QB, starting running back, and the 2nd team RB is hurting (kind of like X for us). And their top CB is on the bench for disciplinary reasons. They are probably going to start a freshman QB.

I thought y'all's MO was ref blaming 8-)
One Trick Pony

Postby footballdad » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:28 am

If Chad and Chavis find a way to lose to a 1-5 AAC team, at home........... :shock:

If they thought the fan base was mad after the Colorado State and NTSU losses........pitchforks will be out if they blow this one.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby lwjr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 am

The Arky/Tulsa game is on the SEC Channel at 11 am
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
mrydel wrote:They have a chance. Even with Arky already not doing well, they are without their starting QB, starting running back, and the 2nd team RB is hurting (kind of like X for us). And their top CB is on the bench for disciplinary reasons. They are probably going to start a freshman QB.

I thought y'all's MO was ref blaming 8-)

Very true and that will always be but injuries are pregame excuses. Refs are post game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football