PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oh poor Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Oh poor Chad Morris

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Yes. Kid is QB in the playoffs.

Morris suspended 2 starting DBs today because they were taking selfies with Miss St cheerleaders before the game Saturday. If you are a betting person I would suggest taking Missouri and giving the 21 points.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:47 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:He will never finish better than fifth in the SEC West.

In three years , he will either be a OC somewhere , or his true calling.....the #1 used car salesman for "Goss on
Ross , the tradin' Hoss "
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Stallion wrote:Top 10 Recruiting class on Rivals and Top 16 on Scout-and Arkansas may close with 4-5 top prospects as he's got a bunch of SEC commits reconsidering and visiting Arkansas. I'd say they get 3 more 4 stars-2 may already be silent commits. Plus Arkansas leads with Clemson QB transfer Kelley Bryant

To paraphrase an old Dandy Don line.............if commits and recruits = victories and championships , we'd
all have a Merry Christmas !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 pm

mrydel wrote:
redpony wrote:full-tilt fail

He will be fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby dr rc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:30 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
Stallion wrote:Top 10 Recruiting class on Rivals and Top 16 on Scout-and Arkansas may close with 4-5 top prospects as he's got a bunch of SEC commits reconsidering and visiting Arkansas. I'd say they get 3 more 4 stars-2 may already be silent commits. Plus Arkansas leads with Clemson QB transfer Kelley Bryant

To paraphrase an old Dandy Don line.............if commits and recruits = victories and championships , we'd

You've never heard "It's not about the x's and o's, it's about the Jimmys and Joes"?

mrydel wrote:However they have picked up, and rightly so, on how can he speak to recruits on the advantage of being in Fayetteville when his wife and son will not follow him there.

:lol: :roll:

How about no. Anyone trying to make hay out of that is ill informed at best and a total fool at worst. Why would his kid (who also has offers from schools like Auburn, OU, and Clemson) transfer out of HP when he is in his junior year and starting at QB? On top of that, since his kid is on the team Morris can visit as many HP games as he wants and it won't count against the NCAA limit on games coaches can go to which means he is getting extra recruiting trips out of it.

You guys really come up with the dumbest bitter attacks.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby CA Mustang » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm

mrydel wrote:Morris suspended 2 starting DBs today because they were taking selfies with Miss St cheerleaders before the game Saturday. If you are a betting person I would suggest taking Missouri and giving the 21 points.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... erleaders/
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:21 pm

dr rc wrote:
ponypatrick wrote:

You've never heard "It's not about the x's and o's, it's about the Jimmys and Joes"?

mrydel wrote:However they have picked up, and rightly so, on how can he speak to recruits on the advantage of being in Fayetteville when his wife and son will not follow him there.

:lol: :roll:

How about no. Anyone trying to make hay out of that is ill informed at best and a total fool at worst. Why would his kid (who also has offers from schools like Auburn, OU, and Clemson) transfer out of HP when he is in his junior year and starting at QB? On top of that, since his kid is on the team Morris can visit as many HP games as he wants and it won't count against the NCAA limit on games coaches can go to which means he is getting extra recruiting trips out of it.

You guys really come up with the dumbest bitter attacks.

I am not attacking at all. I am the one person who has said I think he can do well at Arkansas. But it is a fact that other schools are asking recruits why they would go to Fayetteville when the coach cannot even get his wife and child to come. I doubt very seriously that the other schools elaborate on the reasons. And yes I will say again, he will be fine.
mrydel

Postby Digetydog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:He will never finish better than fifth in the SEC West.

In three years , he will either be a OC somewhere , or his true calling.....the #1 used car salesman for "Goss on
Ross , the tradin' Hoss "

Isn’t that the guy who’s motto was “I hope you get home.”
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
mrydel wrote:Morris suspended 2 starting DBs today because they were taking selfies with Miss St cheerleaders before the game Saturday. If you are a betting person I would suggest taking Missouri and giving the 21 points.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... erleaders/

They knew that was the only possible way Arkansas could score.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby lwjr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 pm

mrydel wrote:Arkansas fans are cooling the criticism on Chad due to the realization that Bret left the team in much the same shape June did us, and it will take some upgrading and house cleaning.

However they have picked up, and rightly so, on how can he speak to recruits on the advantage of being in Fayetteville when his wife and son will not follow him there.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to understand his not wanting to leave because he’s a junior in HS. He’s the starting QB had one of the premier Texas HS football programs and his HS coach is one of the best at grooming QB’s
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Oh poor Chad Morris

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:19 pm

I would not classify the Arkansas fan base as having half a brain total.
Last edited by mrydel on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrydel

Postby lwjr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 pm

lwjr wrote:
mrydel wrote:Arkansas fans are cooling the criticism on Chad due to the realization that Bret left the team in much the same shape June did us, and it will take some upgrading and house cleaning.

However they have picked up, and rightly so, on how can he speak to recruits on the advantage of being in Fayetteville when his wife and son will not follow him there.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to understand his not wanting to leave because he’s a junior in HS. He’s the starting QB had one of the premier Texas HS football programs and his HS coach is one of the best at grooming QB’s

Well....you know what I mean
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Didn’t realize Chandler already had offers at OU, Clemson and Auburn. Stronger arm than JSJ? Where do you guys think he ends up?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:56 pm

I thought he was likely a Division 1A prospect based on his freshman year video but I'm not sure those offers are legitimate-note that Chad Morris was an assistant with the Head Coaches of both Clemson and Auburn. I think those offers might be a back-slap from a old friend. But he's had a great year no doubt. He'll end up at Arkansas
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Football